Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How many change their plastic guide rod for steel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock triggers...

One can change out the triggers or just take out of the gun and file or sand smooth and replace.

Do a .25 cent trigger job. That helps.

Get a (-) connector and that helps.

I like TFO Nightsights.

Good to go!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:14 AM   #22

BT Guiderod for the 30SF is the only modification I've made. It works great and I never have to worry about it chipping or breaking.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric76 View Post
I love my new Glock 19 the only thing I considerd was the guide rod. How many of you guys have switched to SS or something else and what do you think? Im up in the air on rather or not to put a SS one in. No change to the spring weight, just a SS rod captured with factory weight spring.
I only do it after a lot of rounds through the factory RS. Usually after 5k rounds...I do all the springs with Wolff Springs and then I swap the rcoil spring guide as more of a routine or administrative function. I have never had a failure...so I don't worry about it.

That's just me.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:51 AM   #24

i have all steel guide rods in all my glocks . thats the 1st thing i add besides the night sight . and i also add the the extended slide release and mag release . next thing would be 2 do is a trigger job . thats it. it really makes it better and performs better.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:52 PM   #25

I use the stock plastic guide rod.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #26

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Glock got it all right the first time. I've changed nothing on all 6 of my Glocks. There is simply no need to. Bill T.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
Glock got it all right the first time. I've changed nothing on all 6 of my Glocks. There is simply no need to. Bill T.
i hear you on that . but i`d rather have a steel guiderod rather then plastic. theres alot of heat comming out the slide and barrel . so (imo)i`d rather have a steel rod rather then plastic rod . just incase something did happen because heat does cause plastic to melt