Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How good are Glocks really?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 04:34 AM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3221

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke-again124 View Post
Its just that I read through lots of forums, here and elsewhere and you can always find ftf or fte or "extractor broken" striker roll pin broken" problems etc with other guns especially polymers...except glock. I literally can't remember the last time I heard someone complain of a problem with them. That's all. Once again though, not saying a guy with a 1911 style combat gun is under gunned by no means. I just think that if you took 100 glocks and 100 1911's and did something like what I described, more glocks would be left functioning. Not to mention glocks are half the price. I do love a sig p226 though not sure about sig vs. glock. Lol
My second firearm was a Glock 23 Gen 1. I took it home, cleaned it, and the following weekend we went shooting at a range in NH. After 5 rounds the striker broke. Luckily, the range I was at had a Glock armorer, and he replaced it with a titanium striker (while joking that is was now Mass compliant - I live in Mass).

Now, this isn't the only pre-owned firearm I had, but, it is the only one that ever had anything break.

On a side note, as far as crawling through the mud and wet sand and such, you won't be doing that with a handgun with it's action open, and if you are, why?

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 09-27-2012, 05:01 AM   #62

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twig96
I want to know the truth, how good are Glocks really? Iv heard some good things about this particular side arm but I want to hear what you guys know about them
Glocks are fine foreign-made weapons everything they've learned over the four generations was then applied to Smith & Wesson's military and police. Now Glocks have to catch up with Smith & Wesson, but it's still a great gun.

But I am admittedly biased. I am a Veteran and an ex-cop.

My cars, and my firearms, are American made only.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #63

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

really really good,glock has become americas gun cause the work, takes a lickng and keeps on ticking

Old 09-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #64

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911user
really really good,glock has become americas gun cause the work, takes a lickng and keeps on ticking
Your a Glock licker?
Damn!!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2593 Times on 1298 Posts
Likes Given: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin View Post
...Glock owners usually don't knock other firearms but would rather stay with what they know...
Really??
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 09-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #66

Liked 373 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 1027

glocks are great firearms.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

jeepejeep Likes This 
Old 09-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #67
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 948 Posts
Likes Given: 547

Except for the G36, Glocks do not fit my hand well. I traded my G19 for a Ruger SR9c after my wife let me shoot hers. I sold my G23 because I did not like the recoil with the bad fit. I have shot other 40's like the XD and Steyer that were a lot better for me. I just prefer the 45 to the 40. I would like to try an SR40c. I still have and carry the G36. It has been 100% reliable for me. They are easy to use and easy to maintain. They are accurate and my trigger is better than the one on my XD. I love the trigger on the 1911 but they are too heavy for carry for me. Due to an injury I have to stay under 30 oz or I have back trouble. I had an aluminum frame 1911 and I had it go kaboom. No one got hurt and it was probably a fluke. I believe it was a double powder drop on a commercial round as it went bang, bang, bang then boom. It would have gone boom in any gun. The aluminum frame 1911 Officers models are around 25 oz empty while the G36 is 21 oz empty and 27 oz loaded with 7 230 grain rounds. My SR9c is 28 oz with 11 rounds of 124 grain. If you get a Glock, look at getting a kydex holster. Most of the incidents have been with soft holsters snagging the trigger.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Last edited by JTJ; 09-27-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #68

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
Really??
Yea really, most Glock owners also own other brands and most Glock owners that I know have a 1911 somewhere in their stash. It's pretty easy to highlight a comment in bold and make it seem like it's not a general statement. I wasn't saying there aren't Glock owners who bash other guns but for the most part the Glock owners I know love their glocks but also have others unlike the other way around. You either like em or you don't but the ones who like em usually don't limit themselves to just that brand.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #69

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
So all you "Glock knockers" are saying no other gun has ever had an AD or ND? No other gun has ever had a "kaboom"? Get real, OK?
NO, I'm just saying that no other brand gun has had

systematic ADs to the point it got named, as a

specific syndrome.
In essence, "Glock Leg" for example,

which speaks to a paradigm of ADs so widespread and severe

it has been specifically named, by brand.

I'm, honestly, a little surprised you guys are all willing to put up with

Glock's crappy, and rather arrogant CS anyway.

Because, overall, you seem like fairly sensible folks.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #70

Liked 373 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin View Post
Yea really, most Glock owners also own other brands and most Glock owners that I know have a 1911 somewhere in their stash. It's pretty easy to highlight a comment in bold and make it seem like it's not a general statement. I wasn't saying there aren't Glock owners who bash other guns but for the most part the Glock owners I know love their glocks but also have others unlike the other way around. You either like em or you don't but the ones who like em usually don't limit themselves to just that brand.
i like this it says it all.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Closed Thread