Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How good are Glocks really?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 169 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Literally, good enough for govt work. Judging by the multitude of agencies that use them. For their intended use, they are extremely good.
Because most municipalities/counties/states have Glocks has nothing to do with being "good enough", they have them because Glock submitted the lowest bid or the municipalities/counties/states piggy backed off another government contract.

Do I like the Glock? No. I have only owned a G22 and it experienced a Kaboom.

Last edited by chuckusaret; 09-27-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamauhotep View Post
Yeah I love those as well. For me it depends on the situation. Sometimes I Perfer DA with an exposed hammer. Other times I carry the glock. What's your favorite DA handgun?

I'll have to go with my CZ75b. My avatar pic. I also carry my CZ82 quite often.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #53

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Very nice.

Amani Na Upendo
Peace and Love,

Kamauhotep

Old 09-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #54

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret

Because most municipalities/counties/states have Glocks has nothing to do with being "good enough", they have them because Glock submitted the lowest bid or the municipalities/counties/states piggy backed off another government contract.

Do I like the Glock? No. I have only owned a G22 and it experienced a Kaboom.
Well from what I understand the Miami police department adopted the Glock after the torture test they put it through. Not because of lowest bid but because of reliability to continue to work. So we can all make assumptions but in reality your personal preference is just that...yours. Your Glock went "kaboom" for what reason? Bashing a brand of firearm for PEOPLES MISTAKES is rediculous considering a firearm usually won't go off by itself...it takes some outside source to cause it to fire. Like the saying goes "guns don't kill people, people kill people". An AD or ND is usually not the firearms fault but either poor gun handling or improper use.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:22 AM   #55

Liked 169 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin View Post
Well from what I understand the Miami police department adopted the Glock after the torture test they put it through. Not because of lowest bid but because of reliability to continue to work. So we can all make assumptions but in reality your personal preference is just that...yours. Your Glock went "kaboom" for what reason? Bashing a brand of firearm for PEOPLES MISTAKES is rediculous considering a firearm usually won't go off by itself.......
No, the Miami police department submitted a Request for Bids based on a very strict gun specifications requirement and Glock, as did many other name brand gun manufacturers, submitted bids. All met the same rigorous requirements but Glock submitted the lowest contract price per weapon. I am not making a personal assumption, I was part of a Palm Beach County municipalities purchasing department that wrote the RFP and selected the company that met or exceeded contract spec's and performance criteria. We also reviewed most of the other large cities, within Florida, past RFP's prior to releasing ours to ensure we covered all requirements.

Sir, I have been shooting guns for over 65 years and have only experienced one Ka boom. Based on the damage to my G22 it fired before it went into full battery. How is that a PEOPLES MISTAKE? Oh, I pulled the trigger at the wrong time.

Last edited by chuckusaret; 09-27-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 09-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #56

Okay sir but I've been told otherwise, and your kaboom is totally different from what I was talking about with "people's mistake" I was referencing Glock leg with that term. But firing out of battery can happen on any firearm.

Last edited by gladesbassin; 09-27-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:06 AM   #57

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

So all you "Glock knockers" are saying no other gun has ever had an AD or ND? No other gun has ever had a "kaboom"? Get real, OK?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

JSStryker Likes This 
Old 09-27-2012, 03:17 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep
So all you "Glock knockers" are saying no other gun has ever had an AD or ND? No other gun has ever had a "kaboom"? Get real, OK?
That's all I'm saying too, it seems like you either like glocks or hate em usually. I love my Glock, but I also love my ruger and mossberg. My Taurus on the other hand is another story, I like how it looks but I've yet to put a full mag through it without a problem. Glock owners usually don't knock other firearms but would rather stay with what they know...but boy do glocks get hated on, not to bash hi points but even they get more respect on this forum then glocks lol.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:17 AM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

All you glock knockers???

I didnt see many knocking glocks on this thread. I saw much more praising them.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Glock is a darn fine choice if that is what you are comfortable with.

Closed Thread