How good are Glocks really? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How good are Glocks really?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
Am I the only person that actually likes the look of a Glock?! I think I may be. I honestly love the look-seriously. Anyway as an owner of a few Glocks besides the smaller awkward feeling grip of the G17-the G30 fits my hand well and I shoot well with it. Try a Glock out at the local range.
Do you also enjoy staring at sticks of butter?
Old 09-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

my wife and I have Glock 23's.
we like them both.
I want to get a glock 27 next for daily carry.

I didn't buy it for it's looks....I bought it to maybe save my ass one day!
looks never crossed my mind...it's a tool,such as my socket wrench,it fits well in my hands....like it was ment to be there!

Old 09-24-2012, 01:55 AM   #23

They're kinda like the AK-47, ugly as hell, but as reliable as it gets. I EDC a M&P Shield .40 only because the Glock's aren't as comfortable to conceal, for me

Old 09-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #24

Liked 141 Times on 99 Posts

I like the looks of glock and Aks lol. I guess simple and functional are beautiful to me.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twig96 View Post
I want to know the truth, how good are Glocks really? Iv heard some good things about this particular side arm but I want to hear what you guys know about them
Some agencies love them for their reliability and ease of use. Other agencies hate them for their ease of use.

One of the selling points of the Glock is the trigger pull. Compared to a DA revolver, which was what most departments switched from when going to Glock, they have a very light trigger pull. They also lack a manual safety which is again similar to a DA revolver. This made the switch very easy.

The bad side of the Glock is that many of the more experienced officers were approaching a suspect with their finger on the trigger, much as they would do with the old revolvers. As far as travel and weight goes they were effectively working with something that was similar to a cocked DA revolver. A lot of people got shot that didn't need to be.

As the years went by the old salts retired, newer officers came on the job, and training became more effective. Fewer people are getting shot by user error these days, but the stigma is still there for many departments. The departments that have them love the reliability. The departments that don't have them still fear them from a liability standpoint.

Should you get one? I don't know. I have one and I like it. It's not the best gun I have but it carries well and shoots well. The funny thing is that I bought it to fill a gap while waiting for the S&W Shield in .40 S&W. By a stroke of luck I found out that I actually like it, even though it never would have been my first choice. I mean really, who wants a gun that rattles when you shake it, right? It surprised me, and I do plan to keep it as one of my primary carry pistols.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
I have said it before, but will repeat it

Glock is to pistols, what Mossberg is to pump shotguns.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I grew up with Ithaca pumps and have no fondness at all for the Mossberg. Mossbergs are good guns, but they have a totally different feel to me.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #27

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I grew up with Ithaca pumps and have no fondness at all for the Mossberg. Mossbergs are good guns, but they have a totally different feel to me.
Good thing. You can't kill a mossberg pump.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #28

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

While I appreciate a nice looking gun such as most 1911's especially ones with a little work done to them, and their triggers for the most part are so crisp and sweet, I want a gun that will function correctly every time, be accurate at self defense distances and feel good in my hand. My Glock 32 does all of the above and unlike some others, I don't think it's so ugly. In other words, it works for me!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 09-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #29

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm with all the non Glock haters, I've had other firearms and some have failed in the reliability category. My Glock hasnt, glocks are like the hondas of the gun world, you can find upgrades anywhere. The reason I went Glock is because my uncle and my father trusted their life to one while on duty and are still here not to mention Miami police department was one of the first big cities to adopt them as their duty weapon. I've never had an AD or ND dispute having no external safety because your best safety is your brain, keep your booger picker off the trigger. Glocks are appealing to me although some say they are "ugly", I didn't know you needed a pretty hammer to drive a nail though. Oh and, glocks don't resemble hi-points, hi-points resemble glocks. If your scared of reliability then get and h&k polymer or get a revolver. Still won't change the fact I love my Glock and trust my life to it everyday.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2732 Times on 1358 Posts
Likes Given: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
While I appreciate a nice looking gun such as most 1911's especially ones with a little work done to them, and their triggers for the most part are so crisp and sweet, I want a gun that will function correctly every time, be accurate at self defense distances and feel good in my hand. My Glock 32 does all of the above and unlike some others, I don't think it's so ugly. In other words, it works for me!
So your saying that 1911 can't be reliable and accurate? My nightstand gun (& CC) is a DW CCO. It's as it came from the factory, and it's quite reliable & extremely accurate. I would go so far as to say, that most pistols these days will serve just fine. Contrary to popular belief, Glock didn't invent reliability, they just sort of idiot proofed it with a simple design. Most modern semiautos are "reliable." If they aren't, service or repair is in order.

If my current SD/CC guns have been 100% reliable to this point, will I see improvement by switching to something "better?"
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
Mason609 Likes This 
Closed Thread