Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How good are Glocks really?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #211
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLOMALDA

I have a XD 40 xDM 9 and 3 glock a 26, 23 and 21 I love the xd and XDM but the black fits me better the Springfield are way better looking but I could shoot my glock better Being a gun lover don't have nothin to do with what works for you
Sorry glock fits me better

Old 11-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #212

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhorn_cortez

Then, perhaps, you haven't seen all possible problems with guns. I have had a discharge from a Thompson Center Contender with no finger on the trigger. A round was put in the chamber and when the gun was closed it discharged. There was a problem with the cocking / trigger mechanism that was repeatable about every 5 times the gun was opened / closed.

I know the discharge was accidental, as after it happened we tested the gun carefully with another 25 rounds so that when the gun was taken to the gunsmith the exact nature of the problem could be accurately described. The gun repeated the problem regulary at 5-7 round intervals and the trigger pull changed in takeup with each subsequent cocking / closing until it would discharge on its own.

Any and all mechanical devices can have problems. The fact that you personally haven't seen something happen is not statistically significant as you can't possibly see all of the invidual guns used throughout the world under every single variable condition.

I dislike these kind of statements as the person making it is attempting to translate his personal experience into a ubiquitous statement of fact.

As for Glocks. They are fine pistols that are no more special in performance than at least 5 or more other semi-auto designs.

If Glocks were the zenith of gun design that could not be surpassed for use in any way under all conditions - you wouldn't have special operations units choosing to shoot 1911's, and other service branches choosing SIGs and HKs for their use. As for Glocks being used world-wide by armed forces - CZ's are carried by more police and armed forces world-wide than Glock - if that is supposed to influence you by "proving" the gun's worth through military usage.
I think hand guns purchased by our military has to be manufactured on the USA.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #213

Liked 224 Times on 135 Posts

First i want to start out by saying thanks to those who actually attempted to offer suggestions or "helpful" comments regarding my post. I was unaware that asking thoughts about a glock would turn into a "my glocks bigger than yours" discussion that really seems to lead nowhere.

From someone who is "fairly" new to handguns all together, it seems to be up to each individual of what there comfort, preference, or style truly is! Im not gonna go buy a glock or anything else just because billybob says its the greatest! And just as a stupid question, there is a lot of comments in this forum regarding reliability. "Throw my glock and your gun in the bottom of a lake, drag it through the mud, let a bear s**t on it with the action open and see who shoots"! REALLY? I just give $1000 bucks for mine, I cant freaking wait to do that! In all actuality, other than law enforcement and military, is there really that many instances where reliability is an issue except at a range or something? I did not realize that a select few would have to defend themselves so many times to actually know whats reliable and whats not!

Im not a glock hater, dont really know enough about 'em, but i know that if owning one turns me into a arrogant a** like a lot of people who commented in this forum, ill stick with something else.

One last thought, the one making the threat of shooting someone on here, smiley face or not, your one that has no business with a gun! Its not funny and crap like that is why we have to fight so hard to keep our 2nd amendment rights! So stay out of Kentucky too!

I joined this to learn more about firearms, for me and my family, to help keep us safe and educated! Thanks to all who have taught something worth learning! I respect each of you! To those who havent, grow up!

Be safe!

Old 11-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #214

Liked 4421 Times on 2144 Posts
Likes Given: 1311

Turkey Hunter

The shooting "threat" was a joke made at my expense by a fellow member who I'd been slinging some jokes at. Frankly, I'm the only one here with any right to be upset about it but hey, I guess I just dont find MR. Koolaid, dressed up as though Gaston himself puked on him, all that intimidating.

Your not alone, several folks mistook his joke so for everyones benefit please understand that green text, smiley
Faces, winking faces, Ect...are the posters way of letting you know there comment is tounge in cheek.

You did however, learn the invaluable lesson that NOT ALL but certainly MOST Glock owners are IGNORANT FANBOY ASS CLOWNS!

Thank GOD you found out before joining there ranks.

Tack

Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #215
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1763 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
So I guess Florida doesn't know humor or sarcasm? Did I say I was going to shoot him, no. I guess the hahaha and the meant I was serious. Thanks I'll make sure I stay out of Florida in the future.
That's the problem with the written word. Could a prosecutor do a better job of portraying your hahaha as a maniacal laugh, or would the defense do a better job of portraying it as a just kidding laugh. Who knows, but you really need to be more careful about what you post online. There is no expectation of privacy on the internet, and what you post this year could come back and bite you later.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #216

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 23

My Glock 17 was the first handgun I could hit anything with but is too large for CC so I bought a Ruger SR9c. I like them both but it seems that Glock spent a little more time on details, fit and finish. I do find myself using the Ruger more mostly because that is my carry gun and if I am going to shoot, I might as well use the one I carry. I can't seem to bring myself to part with my Glock.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 11-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #217

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

OK PEOPLE, I WAS F**KING JOKING WITH TACK!! IF YOU CAN'T TELL SARCASM AND JOKES YOU SHOULDN'T TALK/READ S**T ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!! DO I NEED TO TYPE THIS ANY OTHER WAY SO IT IS NOT MISUNDERSTOOD? Tack at least you understood. HAHAHAHAHAHA oh **** I just made my comment threatening because I put a winky face and laughing after it.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter
First i want to start out by saying thanks to those who actually attempted to offer suggestions or "helpful" comments regarding my post. I was unaware that asking thoughts about a glock would turn into a "my glocks bigger than yours" discussion that really seems to lead nowhere.

From someone who is "fairly" new to handguns all together, it seems to be up to each individual of what there comfort, preference, or style truly is! Im not gonna go buy a glock or anything else just because billybob says its the greatest! And just as a stupid question, there is a lot of comments in this forum regarding reliability. "Throw my glock and your gun in the bottom of a lake, drag it through the mud, let a bear s**t on it with the action open and see who shoots"! REALLY? I just give $1000 bucks for mine, I cant freaking wait to do that! In all actuality, other than law enforcement and military, is there really that many instances where reliability is an issue except at a range or something? I did not realize that a select few would have to defend themselves so many times to actually know whats reliable and whats not!

Im not a glock hater, dont really know enough about 'em, but i know that if owning one turns me into a arrogant a** like a lot of people who commented in this forum, ill stick with something else.

One last thought, the one making the threat of shooting someone on here, smiley face or not, your one that has no business with a gun! Its not funny and crap like that is why we have to fight so hard to keep our 2nd amendment rights! So stay out of Kentucky too!

I joined this to learn more about firearms, for me and my family, to help keep us safe and educated! Thanks to all who have taught something worth learning! I respect each of you! To those who havent, grow up!

Be safe!
I'm a VERY responsible gun owner. Crap like that is NOT why we are fighting to keep our 2nd!! Owning a GLOCK doesn't make you an arrogant ass only certain people. One other thing I'll make sure I drive around Kentucky just for you.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #219

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
OK PEOPLE, I WAS F**KING JOKING WITH TACK!! IF YOU CAN'T TELL SARCASM AND JOKES YOU SHOULDN'T TALK/READ S**T ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!! DO I NEED TO TYPE THIS ANY OTHER WAY SO IT IS NOT MISUNDERSTOOD? Tack at least you understood. HAHAHAHAHAHA oh **** I just made my comment threatening because I put a winky face and laughing after it.
I got it FH...no worries here...(I also got the zoolander reference but was afraid to admit it...)

...Only in the glock forum...

Old 11-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent

I got it FH...no worries here...(I also got the zoolander reference but was afraid to admit it...)

...Only in the glock forum...
Thanks Vincent. I like when people make assumptions on what people say. I might have to sell my GLOCK after this.. So, I don't get accused of "shooting" some one.. I don't want the good owners of firearms to fight any harder for the 2nd because of me!!. Damn it, there's that threatening winky face again!.
Closed Thread