How good are Glocks really? - Page 21
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How good are Glocks really?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

Did you just threaten someone with great bodily harm using a firearm? Hmm. In Florida that would be aggravated assault with a minimum mandatory 3 year sentence. It is also a felony which would result in the loss of all Second Amendment rights.
So I guess Florida doesn't know humor or sarcasm? Did I say I was going to shoot him, no. I guess the hahaha and the meant I was serious. Thanks I'll make sure I stay out of Florida in the future.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #202
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2832 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 293

In before the lock.

demotivational_posters_12-1.jpg  
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 11-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
In before the lock.
Why would it get locked? There hasn't been anything bad on here compared to any other threads.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #204
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2832 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Why would it get locked? There hasn't been anything bad on here compared to any other threads.
Seriously? You don't see it? Walk away, clear your mind and then come back and read it again.
This thread stopped being useful a while ago. It's simply devolved into another Glock pissing contest. Suffice it to say the OP's question was answered pages ago.
This is what it looks like to the disinterested observer:
"Glocks are awesome!"
"No, they're just another gun."
"How dare you?"
"You don't know $@#t!"
"Do too!"
"Do not!"
"Make mine an XD."
"Blasphemer!"
"Dumb@$$."
"You still don't know $@#t!"

I could go on, but you get the idea.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 11-13-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #205

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

[quote][PHP][quote=gladesbassin;955872]Well from what I understand the Miami police department adopted the Glock after the torture test they put it through. Not because of lowest bid but because of reliability to continue to work. So we can all make assumptions but in reality your personal preference is just that...yours. Your Glock went "kaboom" for what reason? [B]Bashing a brand of firearm for PEOPLES MISTAKES is rediculous considering a firearm usually won't go off by itself...it takes some outside source to cause it to fire.Like the saying goes "guns don't kill people, people kill people". An AD or ND is usually not the firearms fault but either poor gun handling or improper use.[quote]

Not a people mistake. Weapon fired before going into full battery. Do you have a news article or even the results of the tests that they subjected the weapons to or is this just hearsay? Bid packages are released with very strict guidelines and specifications and I have never heard of a department subjecting the weapons to any additional testing beyond what was in the bid package. I could be wrong but I doubt it.....

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by chuckusaret; 11-13-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #206

Liked 4787 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsights View Post
I don't think anyone got this, but HILARIOUS!
Yeah, I guess no one here saw Zoolander...

Old 11-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Yeah, I guess no one here saw Zoolander...
I don't believe you admit to seeing Zoolander!!!!! SMH.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #208

Liked 4787 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I don't believe you admit to seeing Zoolander!!!!! SMH.
Sometimes being a man means being man enough to take your teenage daughter to the movie SHE wants to see.

Should you and ZG ever produce a split tail you will begin to understand...

Tack

Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #209

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts

I have a couple Glocks - more specifically a 23 and a 21. I have had the 23 since '94-'95 and despite shooting several thousands of rounds of .40 through it, it has never had a failure of any type. I have only had the Glock 21 for ~6 years. I have put a few thousand rounds through it - still no failures of any kind. I dunno...did everyone having FTFs forget how to polish a stinkin' feed ramp? If it is not a mirror, it is not finished.

Just to dispel any wild notions that I may be making wild fanboy claims, Glocks are good but by no means my favorite handgun. My favorite handgun is the 1911 and the Combat Commander (both in .45acp of course). I also have several Berettas, Sigs, S&W, Paras, Rugers, etc in the collection so I have not been brainwashed by the Austrians.

By the way, if you ever want to see a Glock forum momentarily implode, you do NOT go in and say "the Glock is okay but the 1911 (or any other handgun) is much better and here is why....blah blah blah." The most fun to be had with Glock fanboys requires a more subtle approach. You go to any Glock fanboy forum and say something like "Glocks are great - best firearm ever invented...amazing. Still, the best Glock ever made is the Glock (insert any Glock model number here) and it is the best because blah blah blah blah...." Obviously, they are Glock fanboys but would you believe most carry it a step further? Glock fanboys are very often specific model fanboys as well. The thought of a Glock 21 somehow being superior to their Glock 22 or their Glock 17 is almost as offensive to them as the thought of a 1911 being superior to a Glock. Funny how that thought process tends to work.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #210

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strix

It's not like that, if your a gun lover like I am how can you say out the box glocks are better xdm has much better mods right out the box it's a better gun. I'm not here bashing glock and saying they s*ck. for all you know I own a glock
I have a XD 40 xDM 9 and 3 glock a 26, 23 and 21 I love the xd and XDM but the black fits me better the Springfield are way better looking but I could shoot my glock better Being a gun lover don't have nothin to do with what works for you

Closed Thread