How good are Glocks really? - Page 18
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

How good are Glocks really?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I'm sure glad we are acting like real adults here. Why don't we just pull them out and measure? Who cares what a idiot calls a gun or the manufacturer!! His opinion is a opinion. Usually you don't want to listen to the idiots calling names.(hint hint) I'm sure glad my GLOCK doesn't have ears to hear all this ****.
Ahh...BUT if your GLOCK did have ears...
THEY WOULD BE RINGING FROM ALL OF THE GLOCK-KA-BOOMS!

Just kidding Fathead, your definetly not one of the Fanboys.

Tack
People Like This 
Old 11-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #172

Likes Given: 3

I NEVER SAID OR IMPLIED THE 3 ISSUES HAPPENED AT THE SAME RANGE ON THE SAME DAY. And the FACTS that the 2 fell appx 3 feet has no more bearing on the incident than that of the Glock that fell down the elevator shaft and DIDN"T discharge. I suggest the all knowing mr i-can-spot-a-suspicious-story read and comprehend what is before him before indcating the story is a BS lie. But then, who am I to contradict a senior member? I have indicated that if you're happy with your Glock, good. I'm not going to tell you that you have a bad pistol because you do not. It's not for me and neither is this website. This section of the forum has displayed more nonsensical mine-is-better-than-yours drivel than I'd expect from a group of 5 year olds. You can have your site.

Last edited by PigPilot; 11-12-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: punctuation

Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #173

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPilot View Post
I NEVER SAID OR IMPLIED THE 3 ISSUES HAPPENED AT THE SAME RANGE ON THE SAME DAY. And the FACTS that the 2 fell appx 3 feet has no more bearing on the incident than that of the Glock that fell down the elevator shaft and DIDN"T discharge. I suggest the all knowing mr i-can-spot-a-suspicious-story read and comprehend what is before him before indcating the story is a BS lie. But then, who am I to contradict a senior member? I have indicated that if you're happy with your Glock, good. I'm not going to tell you that you have a bad pistol because you do not. It's not for me and neither is this website. This section of the forum has displayed more nonsensical mine-is-better-than-yours drivel than I'd expect from a group of 5 year olds. You can have your site.
Question a senior member, Blasphemy. Smh...I understand how your feeling bro, they got some big internet muscles.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #174

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I'm sure glad we are acting like real adults here. Why don't we just pull them out and measure? Who cares what a idiot calls a gun or the manufacturer!! His opinion is a opinion. Usually you don't want to listen to the idiots calling names.(hint hint) I'm sure glad my GLOCK doesn't have ears to hear all this ****.
Disregard
if you saw it then i apologize, i overstepped.

Last edited by oldatheart; 11-12-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #175

Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickspanky View Post
This is why I don't like this forum. Ive left it twice. Everyone gets rude so quickly. There's a lot of people on this forum that need attitude adjustments. Go on glock forum and you never see people talk like this.
OH, you're looking for nice Glock people.

Guess you shouldn't be talking to any manufacturer's

reps, then. Arrogance by the five-gallon bucket...

Old 11-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #176

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Goodness this thread has gone awry.

Glocks have internal safety mechanisms that prevent discharging when dropped. They are very safe guns that are always ready to fire. While I have only two decades of carrying them, I've had zero problems with any of them but with so many out there, someone is going to find a way to break one or get it to function improperly.
On a side note, I had several H&K USP's with 1911 style safeties and thought that would work better in some cases. My muscle memory and training are not for disabling a safety so I sold them all. I still have my 1911 just to have one.
Something else I never do is carry a pistol that is not secured. No tossing in your waste line or in a glove box.
If you are looking for maximum safety, get an H&K P7.
Maybe we need to petition Mythbusters to investigate the fabled Glock drop fires. Unless the pistol is defective, it can't fire. The plastic trigger (low mass thus low inertia) would have to move far enough to fully cock the firing pin plus disengage the firing pin block which is there to prevent drop fires. I wonder what defect would allow it to fire when dropped.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #177

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Ahh...BUT if your GLOCK did have ears...
THEY WOULD BE RINGING FROM ALL OF THE GLOCK-KA-BOOMS!

Just kidding Fathead, your definetly not one of the Fanboys.

Tack
Oh Mr. Guru of the gun forum and comedian! You think you are funny, guess what? I'm gonna let you feel what PERFECTION feels like. I'm gonna give you "GLOCK LEG" with my GLOCK.. Hahaha. I just love the battle of fanboys!!! Here's a pic just for this thread.

image-3323252572.jpg

Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #178

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

The GLOCK forum provides more amusement than any honest man should be allowed to have!

Damn it can get funny in here...

Tack
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #179

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Springfield xd or xdm before a glock

Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #180

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by strix
Springfield xd or xdm before a glock
Let me guess. You own a Springfield, correct?

Closed Thread