Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How good are Glocks really?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 03:50 AM   #161
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19455 Times on 11053 Posts
Likes Given: 49058

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin View Post
I agree, not only that but almost everyone on glockforum owns other types of firearms and don't bash other brands. I'll continue to carry my glock and feel safe, good luck disengaging the safety on your non-glock firearms in a time of need I hope all the best for you...hope you don't end up with 1911 leg!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2urjEixqrzM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Glade, most responsible pistol owners usually learn the functions and features of the pistol they are shooting. so we tend to have no problem whatsoever disengaging the safety. and many people shot many different types of semi-auto pistols before the Glock came along. many of us here happen to own several different platforms of pistols.

just to inform you, i don't own a Glock, but do own a SA XDm40, which is very similar in function to the Glock. i have also shot many Glocks over the years as well.

no i have never shot myself in the leg with any of my 1911's! some of us actually practice safe gun handling!

just so you know that sarcasm is one of my free services!

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 11-12-2012, 03:56 AM   #162

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Damn people. I forgot how crazy BLOCK fanboys can be.
Just letting it be known now.
I am not a fan of GLOCKS, good pistol, nothing wrong with it.
Just not my style.
I dont like how they feel or look.
Gimme an old 6 shooter or a blued 1911 any day.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #163

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Glade, most responsible pistol owners usually learn the functions and features of the pistol they are shooting. so we tend to have no problem whatsoever disengaging the safety. and many people shot many different types of semi-auto pistols before the Glock came along. many of us here happen to own several different platforms of pistols.

just to inform you, i don't own a Glock, but do own a SA XDm40, which is very similar in function to the Glock. i have also shot many Glocks over the years as well.

no i have never shot myself in the leg with any of my 1911's! some of us actually practice safe gun handling!

just so you know that sarcasm is one of my free services!
Well thank you for your service, I appreciate it on such a day that we salute our veterans for their service so it's pretty fitting we thank our ftf veterans. Just so you know that's also sarcasm, but I also own multiple firearms a few being non glocks and have yet to shoot myself with any of them including my glocks. Proper firearm handling is key when owning these things that can potentially kill you/me, but to bash a brand for shooting it's owners in the leg is dumb.

That's like me blaming the hammer for smashing my thumb, or forks and spoons for making my friends obese. It's really immature honestly since any firearm in the hands of someone that's not competent enough to handle one. Someone who is going to blame a glock for it shooting it's owner in the leg is just as good as an anti-firearm nuts, since they feel the firearm did it and not the person behind the firearm. Thanks for reading my rant solider you have served this forum well!

Old 11-12-2012, 04:27 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin View Post
Well thank you for your service, I appreciate it on such a day that we salute our veterans for their service so it's pretty fitting we thank our ftf veterans. Just so you know that's also sarcasm, but I also own multiple firearms a few being non glocks and have yet to shoot myself with any of them including my glocks. Proper firearm handling is key when owning these things that can potentially kill you/me, but to bash a brand for shooting it's owners in the leg is dumb.

That's like me blaming the hammer for smashing my thumb, or forks and spoons for making my friends obese. It's really immature honestly since any firearm in the hands of someone that's not competent enough to handle one. Someone who is going to blame a glock for it shooting it's owner in the leg is just as good as an anti-firearm nuts, since they feel the firearm did it and not the person behind the firearm. Thanks for reading my rant solider you have served this forum well!
well Glade i didn't bash a platform or brand of pistol did I? but you did. in your infinite wisdom, i guess us mere mortal need to bow down to you as you seem much more knowledgeable than we are. i can only surmise we are not worthy of your presence and need to ask for your forgiveness. now that my sarcasm is out of the way.

you were th one to make a sarcstic remark about disengaging safeties and "1911 leg". correct? you did say that didn't you? i believe that's what i read. i pointed out merely facts that seem to elude you, and many people shoot pistols of all types and if they are responsible shooters, they will learn the features and functions of the pistol they are either shooting or carrying.

for your information, people have been shooting and carrying the 1911 for many, many years without any problems. the Glock is a good platform and design, but compared to the platform and design of the 1911, it's still an infant.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #165

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 17

HAIL GLADE, MASTER OF ALL LIFE, WEILDER OF THE BLOCK

Excuse me, i seemed to have dropped my sarcasm.
Let me get that.

Axxe, i couldnt agree more, well said.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldatheart View Post

Let me get that.

OAH, your sarcasm was noted and most appropriate!

oldatheart Likes This 
Old 11-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

well Glade i didn't bash a platform or brand of pistol did I? but you did. in your infinite wisdom, i guess us mere mortal need to bow down to you as you seem much more knowledgeable than we are. i can only surmise we are not worthy of your presence and need to ask for your forgiveness. now that my sarcasm is out of the way.

you were th one to make a sarcstic remark about disengaging safeties and "1911 leg". correct? you did say that didn't you? i believe that's what i read. i pointed out merely facts that seem to elude you, and many people shoot pistols of all types and if they are responsible shooters, they will learn the features and functions of the pistol they are either shooting or carrying.

for your information, people have been shooting and carrying the 1911 for many, many years without any problems. the Glock is a good platform and design, but compared to the platform and design of the 1911, it's still an infant.
good luck disengaging the safety on your non-glock firearms in a time of need I hope all the best for you...hope you don't end up with 1911 leg!!!

I did not bash it, I simply wished 1911 owners good luck disengaging their safety. I provided a video of a gentleman shooting himself in the leg with his 1911...which would constitute as 1911 leg since shooting yourself with a glock is "glock leg" right?

I never said my knowledge is more than anyone's here, your simply assuming now. You didn't need to point the facts out to me, you need to point them out to the ones that keep screaming "glock leg" since I've been saying proper firearm handling is key.

Yes I know 1911's been around for a long time...what is it 101 years since they are 1911's. I've got alot of respect for those firearms, they got alot of our soliders home safe throughout the years, but glocks have also gotten alot of Leo/military home safely as have so many other brands.

To each his own but when it all boils down Properly handling a firearm will keep you safe and improperly handling it will possibly get you hurt.

Also, broken parts causing AD/ND's is also a consumer issue IMO since you are suppose to inspect your firearms before and after shooting them and they usually won't break just siting there.

Last edited by gladesbassin; 11-12-2012 at 05:36 AM.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #168

Liked 169 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I have been an avid shooter for about 65 years and have only experienced one major gun malfunction and it was with a Glock 22 that fired before it went into full battery. Could it have happened with any other auto loaded? Sure it could have, but it was my first and will be my last with a Glock.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 11-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldatheart

Let me get that.

Oh man, thats really grown up of you. The name really fits you buddy.

Last edited by gladesbassin; 11-12-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:03 AM   #170

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I'm sure glad we are acting like real adults here. Why don't we just pull them out and measure? Who cares what a idiot calls a gun or the manufacturer!! His opinion is a opinion. Usually you don't want to listen to the idiots calling names.(hint hint) I'm sure glad my GLOCK doesn't have ears to hear all this ****.

Closed Thread