How good are Glocks really? - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How good are Glocks really?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I'm not saying that GLOCKS are almighty, but my EDC is a GLOCK 35 .40 cal. I have dropped my G35 twice with one in the chamber and it did not fire. I trust my GLOCK with my life and haven't had one problem with it. Like someone posted earlier with how many GLOCKS out there they might have some that malfunction. You can probably find any manufacturer with faults in their weapons.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #152
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
I'm not saying that GLOCKS are almighty, but my EDC is a GLOCK 35 .40 cal. I have dropped my G35 twice with one in the chamber and it did not fire. I trust my GLOCK with my life and haven't had one problem with it. Like someone posted earlier with how many GLOCKS out there they might have some that malfunction. You can probably find any manufacturer with faults in their weapons.
Awww. Thanks for not busting me out. I had it on my lap in the car and stood up and knocked it to the cement. Eek:
Old 11-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #153

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Its been 41 days and have not shot myself yet. 19 days and back to my 1911.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #154

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickspanky
This is why I don't like this forum. Ive left it twice. Everyone gets rude so quickly. There's a lot of people on this forum that need attitude adjustments. Go on glock forum and you never see people talk like this.
Yeah this forum is bad for that. People on here are so excited to get to fight with one another all the time. Rather lame IMO. Glock forum is filled with nothing but nice knowledgeable people that try their best to help each other out.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #155

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggs9599

Yeah this forum is bad for that. People on here are so excited to get to fight with one another all the time. Rather lame IMO. Glock forum is filled with nothing but nice knowledgeable people that try their best to help each other out.
We're not all bad.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #156

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun

We're not all bad.
No not all or I would have left already. But a good couple handfuls at least.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #157

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhorn_cortez View Post
And so since you're not really qualified (Glock armorer) you still feel it's your job to police a forum though multiple posts so that the thread is directed toward the outcome you deem satisfactory even though you can't speak as an expert on the pistol?

-noted....
BH...if you're happy reading reports of dangerous malfunctions regarding firearm X...and questioning nothing...so be it.

If a tale of two GLOCK's pulling there own triggers on the same day does not set off your inquisitive nature... so be it.

Members who have been here for awhile would agree that Tack has a pretty good BS detector and I will question a poster whenever it goes off.

Your tale of the issue with your TC did not seem unreasonable, the snarky prelude to the description of your problem did, and it drew some friendly prodding.

Rule 1...relax and be ready to laugh, especially at yourself.

Tack
Old 11-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #158

Liked 2200 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 479

AS to having triggers pulled accidentally. That is a different story. Gotta keep teh booger hook off the bang switch, and some holsters can cause issues apparently. FLETC, banned Serpa holsters at the training center because of discharges caused when reholstering Glocks.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #159
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i am neither a Glock fan nor a detractor, so take my opinions with a grain of salt. anything massed produced by any company can have some that slip through the cracks and have a defect that surfaces later on. Glocks by the most part are a well made and fuctioning pistol.

i would say a ND/AD is the fault of the person handling the pistol. a malfuction due to a parts breakage or defect is the fault of the pistol and not the person operating the pistol. these are two very different situations entirely. one can be controlled with proper instruction and training, and the other with repairs. if it has to be repaired to correct the problem, then it's a malfuction, and not the fault of the person.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:33 AM   #160

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggs9599

I agree, not only that but almost everyone on glockforum owns other types of firearms and don't bash other brands. I'll continue to carry my glock and feel safe, good luck disengaging the safety on your non-glock firearms in a time of need I hope all the best for you...hope you don't end up with 1911 leg!!!

Closed Thread