How good are Glocks really? - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How good are Glocks really?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4716 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPilot View Post
My agency switched to Glocks ages ago and I liked the feel and the accuracy. I did not particularly care for the little plastic trigger safety thingy but whatever. I had a reload-cock-the-hammer malfunction at the range(fortunately at the range) and turned the weapon in to the armorer. He couldn't figure it out and contacted Glock people who insisted *it could not happen*. Again, whatever but I was there. We also had TWO discharges when the trigger fingers of the officers were nowhere close to the firearms. If you like Glocks, it's fine with me.
Ok, honestly now, why is that every LEO negligent dischard comes with the claim that: "Dude, I wasn't even touching the trigger?"

I'm not a fan nor a basher of GLOCK pistols. There goog guns, just not my cup of tea.

I can say that after a lifetime of hunting, 6 years of Infantry service, 17 years of daily CCW, and an average of 10k rounds per year downrange, I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FIREARM DISCHARGE WITHOUT THE TRIGGER BEING PULLED.

Tack
Old 11-11-2012, 04:40 AM   #132

Liked 1094 Times on 655 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Ok, honestly now, why is that every LEO negligent dischard comes with the claim that: "Dude, I wasn't even touching the trigger?"

I'm not a fan nor a basher of GLOCK pistols. There goog guns, just not my cup of tea.

I can say that after a lifetime of hunting, 6 years of Infantry service, 17 years of daily CCW, and an average of 10k rounds per year downrange, I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FIREARM DISCHARGE WITHOUT THE TRIGGER BEING PULLED.

Tack
Thank you for saying that Tack. C'mon you never seen a gun just holding it shoot by itself? All GLOCKS do that. I "hear" about them on the internet, everything on the internet is true!!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #133

Likes Given: 3

Golly, gee whiz, Tac, senior member, with all your vast experience, not to mention you can afford to send 10k rounds downrange per year, I just don't understand why I'm not taking the last part of your final sentence as gospel from an expert. A less sensitive individual would think you're calling me a liar. Maybe I should have mentioned the accidental discharges were investigated by the department armorers and the witnesses -PLURAL- all said the officers did not have the pistol in hand. Both discharged when they fell out of the issued holsters, about 3 feet onto a hard surface. All 3 pistols were the 'old' 9mm, whatever "Gen" that would have been. Maybe we simply got a few bad ones of the thousands of good ones that were made. Any company that makes thousands of (insert your choice of item here) will likely have a problem occasionally. I wasn't bashing Glocks per se; in my 1st sentence, I said I liked the Glock for the in-hand feel and its accuracy. I was simply relating facts about 3 malfunctions that I know to be true. OK, there it is. You and your roll-eyes emoticon can jump on me again.

It only takes a second to dial 911; it could take the rest of your life for help to arrive. ~ Unknown

Old 11-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #134

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is why I don't like this forum. Ive left it twice. Everyone gets rude so quickly. There's a lot of people on this forum that need attitude adjustments. Go on glock forum and you never see people talk like this.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #135

Liked 141 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPilot
My agency switched to Glocks ages ago and I liked the feel and the accuracy. I did not particularly care for the little plastic trigger safety thingy but whatever. I had a reload-cock-the-hammer malfunction at the range(fortunately at the range) and turned the weapon in to the armorer. He couldn't figure it out and contacted Glock people who insisted *it could not happen*. Again, whatever but I was there. We also had TWO discharges when the trigger fingers of the officers were nowhere close to the firearms. If you like Glocks, it's fine with me.
So 3 serious malfunctions in one day, all of which the makers of the weapon say can't happen? I'm callin BS.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #136

Liked 106 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter View Post
I am looking at buying my first Glock and since i build elevators for a living, its good to know they are durable in a fall from a substantial height! I am interested in getting a .45 if anyone could give some input and/or suggestions. I have shot a Glock .40 that my friend had, and I was pretty pleased with the overall preformance.
This is the second post I read about guns falling. The answer is a retention holster. The Blackhawk Serpa II is so affordable and adjustable everybody should have at least 1. The Blade Tech is harder to get but has a great reputation. I had a Bianchi paddle come loose and drop a 1911 with a Ciener 22 slide installed, it went off. Holster and 22 kit are gone and now I carry a Sig 1911-22 with Series 80 parts in a Serpa II.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #137

Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Sorry, I simply find it strange that all the improperly trained and

stupid and "shouldn't own guns" people, somehow,

strangely enough, only blow their balls off with glocks.

Until I feel I'm properly trained, smarter, and up to the task of

gun ownership,
I'm simply going to leave glock ownership to all you

wise folks with all the answers.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #138

Liked 141 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf
Sorry, I simply find it strange that all the improperly trained and

stupid and "shouldn't own guns" people, somehow,

strangely enough, only blow their balls off with glocks.

Until I feel I'm properly trained, smarter, and up to the task of

gun ownership, I'm simply going to leave glock ownership to all you

wise folks with all the answers.
I blame it on their being no manual safety. And for whatever reason that I don't agree with, there recomended to everyone who is *buying there first gun!!!* and have Zero experience with firearms.
There not for everyone..
Old 11-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #139
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Wasn't there a thread in this forum a few months ago about a guy having a holster and car seat cause an accidental discharge with his Glock? If I remember correctly, there were pictures of the holster, the hole in the seat, and even an empty gun recreation of how it happened. Again, if I remember correctly, it was posted as a warning to always make sure your holster is in good shape if you are carrying something without a manual safety. Since I often carry a Glock I pay close attention to my holsters after reading that.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #140

Liked 1094 Times on 655 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickspanky
This is why I don't like this forum. Ive left it twice. Everyone gets rude so quickly. There's a lot of people on this forum that need attitude adjustments. Go on glock forum and you never see people talk like this.
The GLOCK forum is worse. Me and ZG were banned from there. If you go into a thread with GLOCK versus any other gun manufacturer you will find out how nice the GLOCK people are. That's why we found this gun forum and are much more happier here.

Closed Thread