How good are Glocks really? - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How good are Glocks really?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLOMALDA View Post
Once you take the safety off a 1911 it will shoot just like a Glock so back to my original comment without training it won't matter how many safety's your gun has
Don't you have to cock the hammer back first?

Old 11-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #122

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Armory View Post
I'm a firearms instr. for a range that is dominantly occupied by G22 and G23. There are 3 shooters with G21. Two of them are gen 3 and one is a gen 4. The G21( both generations )both shoot FMJ American Eagle 45 ACP 230gr and Federal Hydo-Shok hollow point 230 gr. On my range all three Glocks 21 s will have either a FTF or a FTE. Its only the G21 that this consistently happens to. Im a Glock armorist also and have inspected all 3 Glocks. They appear to all be fine with no parts broken or damaged. The next time I have the G21 Im going to test different ammo. Im not saying all G21s have this problem but it does happen with the three G 21 at my range.
Well, well, well. Looky hyar. Glocks with FTEs and FTFs.

Your Glockitis seems to be failing you, sir.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #123

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLOMALDA View Post
Once you take the safety off a 1911 it will shoot just like a Glock so back to my original comment without training it won't matter how many safety's your gun has
Only, somehow, Glock has a syndrome, i.e. "Glock Leg" and an

annoying way of going off in people's pants. Other models, and

designs, with redundant safety features, simply don't place you

so readily in the hazard of blowing your own balls off.

Oh, forget it, hopefully this won't happen to you, even though

you ignore repeated warnings.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #124

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twig96
I want to know the truth, how good are Glocks really? Iv heard some good things about this particular side arm but I want to hear what you guys know about them
Simple. They're great. I used to bash on them for looks or whatever, but then I started looking at them more and eventually bought one, then two. I love them. They're reliable. I think they're perfectly suited for personal protection. No manual safety's to fumble with when CHTF and you need to quickly draw and fire.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #125
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2794 Times on 1528 Posts
Likes Given: 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter View Post
I am looking at buying my first Glock and since i build elevators for a living, its good to know they are durable in a fall from a substantial height! I am interested in getting a .45 if anyone could give some input and/or suggestions. I have shot a Glock .40 that my friend had, and I was pretty pleased with the overall preformance.
For carry the G30 and the G36. I have the G36 which is slimmer since it is a single stack 6 round mag. It is 27 oz loaded with 7 230 grain rounds. It has been flawless since the correct slide release was installed. The wrong one was installed by the previous owner which may be why he sold it and now believes Glocks are crap.
Threetango Likes This 
Old 11-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #126

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

I had a glock 21sf I never had any problems with it , The only reason I sold it was I fell In love with 1911s don't get we wrong I still like glock,heck I still have my glock 30 and my glock 23. I guess what I'm saying glock are good guns. Never had an issue with them

Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #127

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Lol@ fools still bringing up "glock leg", keep your finger off the trigger and reholster properly you WILL NOT shoot yourself. People who feel they will shoot their leg with a glock shouldn't own any firearms since that means they can't use proper firearm safety. Glocks are some of the most widely used firearms in the planet so their will be idiots who don't use proper techniques and hurt themselves just like theres more accidents in hondas because there's more of them on the road. The OP. Asked how reliable are glocks, not who thinks glocks will shoot my leg off.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #128

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin
Lol@ fools still bringing up "glock leg", keep your finger off the trigger and reholster properly you WILL NOT shoot yourself. People who feel they will shoot their leg with a glock shouldn't own any firearms since that means they can't use proper firearm safety. Glocks are some of the most widely used firearms in the planet so their will be idiots who don't use proper techniques and hurt themselves just like theres more accidents in hondas because there's more of them on the road. The OP. Asked how reliable are glocks, not who thinks glocks will shoot my leg off.
He always brings up that stupid "glock leg". Lets blame it on the gun, but never blame the idiot putting his finger on the trigger. I carry a G35 and have no problem with my gun. Properly trained people know when to put their finger on the trigger.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #129

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

He always brings up that stupid "glock leg". Lets blame it on the gun, but never blame the idiot putting his finger on the trigger. I carry a G35 and have no problem with my gun. Properly trained people know when to put their finger on the trigger.
Amen. I don't own any handguns with Manuel safeties. I don't wanna fumble around when CHTF

Old 11-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #130

Likes Given: 3

My agency switched to Glocks ages ago and I liked the feel and the accuracy. I did not particularly care for the little plastic trigger safety thingy but whatever. I had a reload-cock-the-hammer malfunction at the range(fortunately at the range) and turned the weapon in to the armorer. He couldn't figure it out and contacted Glock people who insisted *it could not happen*. Again, whatever but I was there. We also had TWO discharges when the trigger fingers of the officers were nowhere close to the firearms. If you like Glocks, it's fine with me.

Last edited by PigPilot; 11-10-2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Spelling

Closed Thread