Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   How is the glock tac rail light? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/how-glock-tac-rail-light-51505/)

EMTchad 11-10-2011 12:52 AM

How is the glock tac rail light?

Anybody have the glock taclight for the rail?
If so how is it? Because I just ordered one

AOK 11-10-2011 03:52 AM

I have a Streamlight TLR1 on my Glock 23 for almost two years now. I love it, easy to manipulate, bright, sturdy, and I like how it sticks out past the muzzle. One thing I recommend if you go shooting with it is to put some tape over the lense to protect it from excessive gun powder and residue. Unless of course you are are practicing and/or training in low light/no light conditions.

EMTchad 11-10-2011 04:57 AM

Thanks mate, but I was talking about the "glock" manufactured tac light. It's specifically made by glock for glocks.

Alpha1Victor 11-10-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMTchad
Anybody have the glock taclight for the rail?
If so how is it? Because I just ordered one

Its cheap quality, not very bright, a pain to clean and will melt. And good luck finding a holster for it. I went through 2 of them. Spend the extra little bit and get a steamlight.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

EMTchad 11-10-2011 07:04 PM

I'm hearing that the light itself should be led but the quality Is sturdy and doesn't melt. Hmm..

nyycanseco33 11-11-2011 05:01 AM

I have the Glock tactical light GTL-21 with the light/laser combo and I love it, very durable, locks into place, and easily removable if I want to put it on my G17c, G21, G22, or G37... I absolutely love it and you won't be disappointed, will work great on your protection piece also

EMTchad 11-14-2011 06:37 AM

Thank you! That's what I'm talking about, I just needed a light on my backup piece. He said it melts... Read the comment above mine. I never heard of it melting. That means the magazine would melt also since it has the most contact with heat.. He seems fishy.

nyycanseco33 11-14-2011 10:32 AM

I have never heard of any melting and yes the same polymer material that the mags are made from are also used for the GTL's. There are other companies comparable to these lights but I personally accessorize my Glock with Glock items. I doubt this other guy has actually witnessed any melting or experienced any problems due to the lack of info to back his claim

nyycanseco33 11-14-2011 10:35 AM

I also noticed you're an EMT, just curious where? I'm a firefighter/EMT in upstate NY and there are a few places here that I will carry concealed due to the location and the subjects/patients involved

Alpha1Victor 11-14-2011 01:14 PM

You asked, I answered. Call me fishy if you want. From my experience with the gtl21 after a day of breach and clears, I noticed the lense cover and cover housing were covered in powder and melted. I called glock, they replaced it. The new one I recieved did the same thing.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.