How fast are you at pulling and shooting your conceal carry gun. - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How fast are you at pulling and shooting your conceal carry gun.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 08:30 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

G21.45 is a fiend!

(I don't think you're Bambi. I think you just watch too much television! How do you know when you're watching too much television? Well, when that Osama Bin Bama guy starts to look good, then, you're watching too much television!)

Old 08-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4360 Times on 2423 Posts
Likes Given: 21960

Default That was no type-o!

I can spell freind,I meant,(respectfully) FEIND !

Old 09-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #53

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
I have to completely disagree with jeepcreep927 and eng208 here .

With todays mass murders and thrill killers/robbers I think the 30 yard shot has more validity than playing "Quick Draw McGraw" from a concealed position for your average CCW holder .

The vast majority of times when the person is the main/only intended victim of a holdup unless caught completely unaware because he/she wasn't paying any attention to their surroundings events will often be obviously unfolding negating a , Wild West Fast Gun Slingers skills .

Recently the average civilian faces far more dangers in situations that a long range shots far more probable with the recent Mall , School , Restaurant , and other public venue mass victim shootings ...
I just came in on this thread, so I'm a bit behind on all the conversation... But, let me say this:

The chances of you being in a mass murder situation are FAR less than you being attacked/mugged if you happen to spend any amount of time in public. You also run a greater risk of home invasion/buglary. Look at ANY city's crime logs and see which is higher per capita. The Luby's massacre stories or Mall shooting stories just sound scarier.

This doesn't mean that long shot accuracy is useless. If you can shoot well at a distance, you can probably shoot well up close. Why not plan for any/all scenario?

Old 07-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #54

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

since he can punch you in .20 second, or kick you in .30 second, I suggest that you JUMP OR WALK back as you draw, from such a close range, or that you "swarm" him with hand to hand techniques as you move forward. Cause the fastest ccw belt rig wont be fast enough, no matter who you are, if he makes a move on you at such a distance. It will take you .70 second to react, draw from a front pants pocket rig (even if your has ON the gun) and fire a hip shot, and that's still 2-3x too slow, if he suddenly moves on you. You need at least 6 ft of space, if you are hand on the gun, and more like 10 ft if your gun is in a ccw belt rig, no matter how fast you are. The guy can be all over you in 1/2 second from 6 ft, by diving at you, and in 1.0 second flat from 10 ft. In 3 seconds, he can charge and stab you from THIRTY feet away, standing start.

Last edited by bildee; 07-25-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #55

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

If I have time to reliably brain a guy (iin bad light, in a theater) I'm first going to make it to cover, and if we are talking head shots at 10 yds or so, I'm first putting in my ear plugs, too. 30 yds, on an armored guy? forget it. You'll blow the shot, probably hit an innocent with a richochet, and draw (AK) fire in your direction. Especially if you have loved ones present, to hell with that Batman BS.