How fast are you at pulling and shooting your conceal carry gun.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > How fast are you at pulling and shooting your conceal carry gun.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How fast are you at pulling and shooting your conceal carry gun.

How fast are you at pulling and shooting your conceal carry gun. Everyone talks about how well they shoot but in a situtaion how will you function.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2007, 02:55 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Speed Shooting

To get a good idea of how you are doing I would try going to a local IDPA (www.IDPA.com) match. You can shoot your first match for free and all events are timed down to the hundredth of a second. All you need to shoot are your Glock, at least 2 magazines (3 is preferred), concealment holster that covers the trigger guard(no SOB holsters), and a concealment garment that covers the gun and spare magazines(eye and ear protection also required).
Most local matches go through 50 to 75 rounds and last a few hours. All kinds of skill levels are usually present. Stock Glocks are the most common gun at the matches, followed by 1911's. Shooters are scored by skill level, by gun type, by accuracy, and by time.
It's not as stressful as a real world shooting, but it is surprising how it affects your shooting when you are racing a clock and you know all your shoots are being scored.
Try it,
John Q.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:10 AM   #3

took a tactical shooting course a few months ago. I used my G19 and we stood 2 feet from the target with hands up, like in a stick up position, and the instructor hit the buzzer and we had to draw and shoot 2 rounds, my best was 3.9 secs. my Glock was in a paddle holster under my shirt and light jacket.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:25 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Any of you guys do the Bill drill? If so what kind of times to you put up?

If you don't know what the Bill drill is here you go:

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 12-17-2007, 02:34 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Sloooooooooow

Sorry Tex, 3.9 for 2 shots at 2 feet is slow even if you had a thumb break holster. You need to cut that time at least in half.
John Q.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:35 AM   #6

If I had been drawing from an uncovered holster like the man in the video I am sure my time would have been faster. but the orignal question was how fast did someone draw from a concealed carry position.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:04 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default 1.77

1.77 seconds
2 rounds from a Wilson Combat 45 CQB
Range - 3 yards
230 FMJ factory load 850 fps
Wilson Combat Practical holster
Sig Tac vest as cover garment
1.94 seconds if you count the third head shot

Old 12-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45forlife View Post
How fast are you at pulling and shooting your conceal carry gun. Everyone talks about how well they shoot but in a situtaion how will you function.
Not fast enough. I need more practice so I set up a fund to purchase more ammo. Care to contribute???

Member GCO

Last edited by Chuck; 01-19-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:38 AM   #9

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Just under 2 seconds with Glock 32, Fobus paddle holster under a light jacket, open in front. One aimed shot after the draw.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-19-2008, 04:03 AM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker60A3 View Post
Sorry Tex, 3.9 for 2 shots at 2 feet is slow even if you had a thumb break holster. You need to cut that time at least in half.
John Q.
Wouldn't practicing something like that make it look like you were getting ready to kill someone? Are you trying to build up business or just trying to lock up a law-abiding citizen for doing the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker60A3
Get yourself a high capacity Glock and load it with HP's, then get a Remington 870 and put a Speed Feed stock on it and load it up with 00 Buck and slugs. Maybe an AR with light and verticle grip. I, for the victim's family of course, will use a wrongful death claim to take everything you have, had, or ever will have.
Have a nice day