Gunzilla

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Gunzilla

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gunzilla

Anybody used gunzilla to clean there guns?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2012, 12:24 AM   #2

Liked 57 Times on 46 Posts

It is all I use. Almost all of the LE agencies in my area use it.
It is almost scent free and safe to handle plus it cleans very well and leaves a slick surface behind when it is wiped off. The Gunzilla website has testimonials from combat troops. Since you wipe it clean, it does not attract dust and other crud like petroleum based CLP's.
The only complaint I have heard and it was on these boards, is that it does not prevent rust as well as some oils.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:56 AM   #3

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I use it. I like that it does't smell the room up like Hoppes #9. But sometimes I use Hoppes just because it smells like cleaning guns. Most stuff out there will do the job. Incredible neglected or dirty jobs might take something stronger. Normal cleaning the stuff is worth it.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 01-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Another Gunzilla user here. It seems to work as well as Hoppe's #9 or Benchrest as far as bore a cleaner, IME. Also seems to do the job as a protectant, but my guns aren't subjected to any extreme conditions as a rule.

I originally bought it so that I wouldn't have to hear "What's that smell?" whenever I cleaned my guns indoors. Outside, I still use the Benchrest for cleaning; mostly because I bought the BIG bottle some years back.