GSSF Membership Glock purchase discount?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > GSSF Membership Glock purchase discount?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default GSSF Membership Glock purchase discount?

Glock Sports Shooting Foundation (GSSF) offers a discount coupon to multi-year members so you can purchase a new Glock at a lower price. Trick is, you have to find a dealer that participates in the program, and I am not finding that easy. I do not know what percent the discount is and if its really worth the hassle of going to a shop thats farther away that may have a higher price on the gun in the first place. Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locnload View Post
Glock Sports Shooting Foundation (GSSF) offers a discount coupon to multi-year members so you can purchase a new Glock at a lower price. Trick is, you have to find a dealer that participates in the program, and I am not finding that easy. I do not know what percent the discount is and if its really worth the hassle of going to a shop thats farther away that may have a higher price on the gun in the first place. Can anyone shed any light on this subject?
The GSSF discount is healthy, for example, a new G-17 GSSF price is $425. The GSSf prices are fixed for those distributers/dealers truly taking part in the GSSF program: http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

If it's worth the hassle depends on your situation. For example, if you live in the region where Ed's Public Safety is the Distributor you would pay $425 for the gun, $20 for shipping, and $20 (or whatever you can negotiate with you local FFL) FFL transfer fee. New G-17 for $465 (again just an example, your personal situation may be different)

Old 06-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locnload
For me I paid $425 for my gen 4 17 with three mags out the door. I guess it just depends if you want to take a long trip or have it shipped. Saved me over $100 and I have never looked back and thought not worth my time. There are many perks to being a GSSF member besides the gun purchase.