Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Gssf (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/gssf-60153/)

Jhamblen 03-13-2012 03:57 PM

Gssf

Have been looking to get into gssf. Anyone got any advice or maybe a skill level I need to be at before I proceed?

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

apowers1214 03-14-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhamblen
Have been looking to get into gssf. Anyone got any advice or maybe a skill level I need to be at before I proceed?

Join for multiple years is my advice. You don't have to worry about being at any skill level before you join as their matches are aimed for everyone.

Jhamblen 03-14-2012 11:14 PM

Any advice for a good general purpose glock for home and the range. I thought the g19 would be a good starter. I don't want something too big but my hands are too small for the baby glocks. I also thought about the model 23. Any thoughts?

apowers1214 03-15-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Any advice for a good general purpose glock for home and the range. I thought the g19 would be a good starter. I don't want something too big but my hands are too small for the baby glocks. I also thought about the model 23. Any thoughts?

I have the G17 for competition and home and I love it. I have heard nothing but rave reviews of the G19.

Jhamblen 03-15-2012 04:38 AM

I did hear that the 9mm is better for competition. I have been watching some videos and have seen a fair amount of people even using the 26. What advantages do the baby glocks hold over the full size in competition if any? I know it would be great for ccw but what about general purpose?

apowers1214 03-15-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

I did hear that the 9mm is better for competition. I have been watching some videos and have seen a fair amount of people even using the 26. What advantages do the baby glocks hold over the full size in competition if any? I know it would be great for ccw but what about general purpose?

Honestly just conceal ability. I bought my G17 for competitions because I needed more mags for my 26 and the 17 mag fits the 26 with a grip extender. Baby glocks are great for CCW but for uspsa you want a full size pistol from what I have been told I have seen both used.

Jhamblen 03-15-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apowers1214

Honestly just conceal ability. I bought my G17 for competitions because I needed more mags for my 26 and the 17 mag fits the 26 with a grip extender. Baby glocks are great for CCW but for uspsa you want a full size pistol from what I have been told I have seen both used.

Thank you sir

apowers1214 03-16-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Thank you sir

No problem glad I could help.