Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Grip Tape (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/grip-tape-71396/)

JackJax 08-30-2012 12:46 AM

Grip Tape

I'm looking for a good grip tape to try out, any suggestions?

lyodbraun 08-30-2012 06:12 PM

Talon Grips...

yogiboobooranger 08-30-2012 06:24 PM

I second that vote for talon. I do not care for the sandpaper feel so I use the rubber texture tape.

g23shooter 08-31-2012 01:32 AM

Talon on a Gen 3 .40 it makes all the difference to me and after awhile it just feels comfortable.

big shrek 08-31-2012 06:54 PM

Being a cheapskate, I took a piece of old bicycle inner tube and cut to fit...works great, but smells kinda funny until you rub in some pine oil...

yogiboobooranger 09-02-2012 02:37 PM

Before ready mades there was always inner tube!

Quote:

Originally Posted by big shrek (Post 922955)
Being a cheapskate, I took a piece of old bicycle inner tube and cut to fit...works great, but smells kinda funny until you rub in some pine oil...

Yep, before any one mfgr made ready to fit grip accessories, many of us old timers used an old bicycle inner tube cut to fit. Works just fine, just does not look purty like Pachmayr or others. And before they had skateboard tape, we were using sandpaper cut to fit the way we wanted, taped and glued in place. Was not peel and stick, but worked.

70cuda383 09-02-2012 03:38 PM

I'm not a Glock guy, but I had custom grips on my Beretta. they were essentially made out of sandpaper. molded plastic with sandy grit molded into the top layer of it. I loved it for use in competition, but when I carried it concealed, the grip would rub on my skin and really irritated me, after just a few hours. if I continued to use those grips, I would have rubbed through and bled all over my weapon and clothes!

for conceal carry, I now have the standard hard plastic grips back on it.

just something to consider when looking at "skate board tape" for your grips.

cswann1 09-02-2012 04:04 PM

I used to play tennis and the most popular tennis raquett tape was something called Tourna-Grip. A quick google search just now showed me it's still available. It's sort- of got a canvas kind of feel to it. If you didn't mind the fact that it's blue that would make some awesone gun grip tape I'll bet.

lyodbraun 09-02-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1
I used to play tennis and the most popular tennis raquett tape was something called Tourna-Grip. A quick google search just now showed me it's still available. It's sort- of got a canvas kind of feel to it. If you didn't mind the fact that it's blue that would make some awesone gun grip tape I'll bet.

They make it in black???? Ya can't go wrong with Talon grips rubber texture... have them on all my Glocks

762x39 09-03-2012 02:12 PM

Brooks Tactical A-grip. Available from Brownells as well as other places. I have them on 4 of my 5 Glocks. It would be 5 for 5, except they do not make them for model 30.