Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Grip Comparison: Model G23 vs. Gen 4 version (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/grip-comparison-model-g23-vs-gen-4-version-35492/)

JazzDoc 12-12-2010 04:52 AM

Grip Comparison: Model G23 vs. Gen 4 version

Wonder if you folks can edumacate me - I have a model 23 Glock. Love it, but always felt the grip was just a bit too chunky in my hand.
Do the new Gen 4 models have a narrower grip and if I switched over to the Gen 4, are there any drawbacks with regard to other issues between the two models?

Thanks in advance for your help.

indyfan 12-12-2010 05:47 AM

the only problem I witnessed (in a youtube video) about the Gen 4 was feeding problems.

I can't remember exactly what kind of feeding problem it was, but it I'm pretty sure it was just that particular gun, because the owner returned it and got it fixed right away. (Glock has good cust service)

Even good handguns can have problems, that's why we get lifetime warranties ;)

GLOCK21SF 12-12-2010 05:53 AM

try handling a (sf model) you probably like it even better. all my glocks that i have or going to purchase are all sf models. feels way more comfortable and better gripping .

JazzDoc 12-12-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyfan (Post 401546)
the only problem I witnessed (in a youtube video) about the Gen 4 was feeding problems.

I can't remember exactly what kind of feeding problem it was, but it I'm pretty sure it was just that particular gun, because the owner returned it and got it fixed right away. (Glock has good cust service)

Even good handguns can have problems, that's why we get lifetime warranties ;)

Thanks. I'll look into that issue.

Still need to find out about the grips.

hunter Joe 12-12-2010 02:22 PM

The length of pull on the Gen-4 is shorter than the Gen-3 as the Gen-4 comes with two additional strap-on back straps to compensate for those with bigger hands.

We have the Gen-4 22 and 17 as rentals at the range with little or no complaints. Most of the operating issues come from limp wrist or improper grip, this is commonly known as "operator error".

Personally I like the way the Gen-4s fit and shoot.

JazzDoc 12-12-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter Joe (Post 401661)
The length of pull on the Gen-4 is shorter than the Gen-3 as the Gen-4 comes with two additional strap-on back straps to compensate for those with bigger hands.

We have the Gen-4 22 and 17 as rentals at the range with little or no complaints. Most of the operating issues come from limp wrist or improper grip, this is commonly known as "operator error".

Personally I like the way the Gen-4s fit and shoot.

Great to know, Joe, thanks. Any idea about the grips themselves in comparison - I'm talking about being able to get my hand around the grip more effectively.

Mandy 12-12-2010 05:32 PM

Same gun so it'll shoot the same, only difference is the back strap can be changed to accommodate smaller or bigger hands.

JazzDoc 12-12-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy (Post 401735)
Same gun so it'll shoot the same, only difference is the back strap can be changed to accommodate smaller or bigger hands.

Thanks very much, Mandy.

Mandy 12-12-2010 07:00 PM

You welcome