Got my new g23 3G gen today
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Got my new g23 3G gen today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Got my new g23 3G gen today

FINALLY after the California law waiting time, i picked up my g23 3rd gen today. BRAND spanking new! Houston we have a FAIL! I shot off 100 rounds exactly at the range, a pin from the side of my frame was half way out, sticking out after about 97 rounds until I took notice. I pushed it in with my thumb and shot the last 3 rounds. Can ANYBODY help me on what I have to do? Will this be an issue? I took it back and they said they will order me a new pin if it happens again. I forget what it's called but here's my video for u guys to see which one it exactly is. Made it about an hour ago.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #2

Yeah thanks guys

Old 11-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #3

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

What pin are you referring to? Pic?

Old 11-18-2011, 01:11 AM   #4

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

That would be the slide stop pin I believe. Thats a simple fix. Call glock customer service and they will mail you a new part. They are great about no hassle part replacement.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Id do as the other suggested and call glock. I have never seen a pin come out like that. But if it were mine I'd want a new pin sent to me so I can replace it. If the pin falls out very easy it will continue to cause problems. If you use a punch how much force does it take to push the pin out?

Old 11-18-2011, 03:33 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 216 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Just a curiosity question, how long is the wait in CA? Im in NV, only less than 45mins.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #7

Thanks guys, it's the smaller pin out of the 2 pins on the frame. Also it stuck out like half way which made me nervous as hell! And it takes 10 days to wait in california after purchase.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #8

Liked 1000 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 1001

I didn't look at the video but is it the upper pin near the trigger? Technically that pin isn't necessary except for reinforement of the locking block but it's unusual that it would come loose like that in a new gun. I removed both pins from my six month old 23Gen4 and it took a little effort which I'd expect that to be the norm of any new Glock. My older (1997) G22 pins are a little looser but don't walk out.

Anyway it would be disappointing in a new gun but not a deal breaker especially in a state like CA where anything is a hassle. Glock must have lots of experience with issues like this so I'd call customer support and see what they say. You'd think with all the worn frames out there that they have oversize pins. This can't be a difficult thing to fix so I wouldn't send the gun back to the factory if there is no other issue.

One thought, is there any chance someone bubba'd this gun somehow? I know it's new so just bring this up in case something weird happened, that would be a reason to send it back to Glock.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #9

Hey thanks Quentin, very much appreciate it. I took it back to the shop where I bought it. They took it out and put it back in. I fired exactly 50 rounds today and didn't see the pin come out. It's in place. I will shoot some more this week and see what happens. According to them, nobody has bubbad the gun. All their guns are brand new but shown in the display as a showcase.