Gock 17 & Glock 22 - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Gock 17 & Glock 22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1747 Times on 1204 Posts
Likes Given: 899

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierTCB View Post
I'll second that. I'll also agree that in a high stress situation like a home invasion where you are forced to use deadly force you will never notice the report or muzzle flash. Don't worry about it.

Hell I've been so excited/focused deer hunting on occasion I didn't remember hearing the rifle or feeling the recoil.

If I start hunting with ear plugs my buddies will never let me hear the end of it!
Self defense is an extraordinary emergency. Hunting is not. Leaving one's ears unprotected is silly. The blasts may not register in the brain, but the hearing cells will get hit. The damage is cumulative. Unlike tobacco which may or may not get you sick, hearing loss is guaranteed.

I use the improved army type MSA head muffs. They amplify normal ambient sounds but block the sharp blasts.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #32

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts

Anytime we take the .338 Lapua out for a hunt, ear plugs are used!

Old 11-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #33

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bntyhntr6975 View Post
Anytime we take the .338 Lapua out for a hunt, ear plugs are used!
Because that thing will literally make you go deaf

Old 11-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #34

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts

Yea. Lol. But at the ranges that its used for, you have plenty of time to put plugs in. Id like to get a set of those Walker Game Ears that automatically shut down the noises over a certain level. But im not really wanting to increase the regular noises.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bntyhntr6975 View Post
Yea. Lol. But at the ranges that its used for, you have plenty of time to put plugs in. Id like to get a set of those Walker Game Ears that automatically shut down the noises over a certain level. But im not really wanting to increase the regular noises.
I use a set like them, you can set the sound levels to fit your needs. They are very nice and handy. I would never use any ears during a self defense situation or hunting. 2 of your senses are very important during these times and I do not want to impede my ability to hear

Old 11-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 177 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Default Auditory Exclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
...When your adrenaline is rolling the report of any gun will not make your ears ring. Even if the report made your ears ring, it's better to be alive with your ears ringing than dead because you didn't get an instant stop.
Auditory exclusion is well known but the pain is still there. Touching off a .357 sig round in a confined space goes beyond the threshold of pain and would be disorienting It feels like your ears shut off but the pain is excruciating. It feels like someone sticking a butcher knife in your ear and then twisting. A friend of mine didn't fare as well and perforated his eardrum...and a .357 sig does not guarantee an instant stop.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 11-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Metaphor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
And by the way a .357 has NOTHING on a flashbang. At all.
I agree but the metaphor is still valid. You need all the advantages you can get in a self-defense situation and a night stand or home defense gun that disorients you is not an advantage. That's why I always suggest suppressed guns for those situations. They are a definite advantage.

― Miyamoto Musashi
― The Rukh
― The Rukh

Old 11-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

yeah since everybody has a silencer and the money to get a stamp. I'm gonna start "recommending" that people use PGMs for home defense instead of handguns, that way they can deploy them from another area altogether and skip the hearing loss completely.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 11-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
yeah since everybody has a silencer and the money to get a stamp. I'm gonna start "recommending" that people use PGMs for home defense instead of handguns, that way they can deploy them from another area altogether and skip the hearing loss completely.
If one has a gun then the stamp & suppressor aren't that much more...& yes, over the last 45 years, I'v recommended lots of things you might not agree with.

― Miyamoto Musashi
― The Rukh
― The Rukh

Old 11-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
If one has a gun then the stamp & suppressor aren't that much more...& yes, over the last 45 years, I'v recommended lots of things you might not agree with.
Aren't that much more?! Not everyone has an Hk or SIG with a threaded barrel, when you add it all up you're talking around a thousand of dollars at least which not everyone has nor do they want to spend the money and wait 6 months