Gock 17 & Glock 22 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Gock 17 & Glock 22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
Earplugs? In a self defense situation? You guys are joking right?
Make sure they're fully seated and expanded before firing in self defense. I'd probably keep shooting glasses next to my ear plugs as well. Can never be too safe

Old 11-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92
Make sure they're fully seated and expanded before firing in self defense. I'd probably keep shooting glasses next to my ear plugs as well. Can never be too safe
Right. And also deodorant. You sweat a lot under stress and body odor can be distracting too. Be sure to evenly apply 2 layers before you pick up your safety glasses and earplugs, and don't forget to leave the safety on and no round in the chamber until you're ready to fire. Don't want a stress induced negligent discharge either.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 11-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #23

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:

Right. And also deodorant. You sweat a lot under stress and body odor can be distracting too. Be sure to evenly apply 2 layers before you pick up your safety glasses and earplugs, and don't forget to leave the safety on and no round in the chamber until you're ready to fire. Don't want a stress induced negligent discharge either.
At that point you might as well go around door to door and inform your neighbors to apply their ear plugs, safety glasses, and deodorant as you will be firing your weapon in self defense when you return home. I'd probably stop the bg and ask him to put some Depends on so he doesn't chit on your floor when you shoot him too. Slippery floors are a safety hazard you know...

Old 11-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #24

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

If your intentions are just range use buy the G17. Ammo is cheaper for the 9mm. I sold all my .40's and left myself with .45 acp's and 9mm's. I don't care for the high pressure recoil the .40 provides shooting targets or paper all afternoon .
Also might take a look at a G34 . Its their competition 9mm pistol . Super sweet trigger out of the box and very very accurate

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 11-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92
At that point you might as well go around door to door and inform your neighbors to apply their ear plugs, safety glasses, and deodorant as you will be firing your weapon in self defense when you return home. I'd probably stop the bg and ask him to put some Depends on so he doesn't chit on your floor when you shoot him too. Slippery floors are a safety hazard you know...
And if you're a big enough **ssy to think you need earplugs and eye protection for a self defense encounter, you should probably be wearing depends yourself. Just in case things get a little intense.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

Old 11-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 182 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Earplugs? In a self defense situation? You guys are joking right?
Mild sarcasm...that's why I wouldn't use the .357 sig as a home defense gun...unless it was suppressed.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 11-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh
Mild sarcasm...that's why I wouldn't use the .357 sig as a home defense gun...unless it was suppressed.
Welp, I guess I'm in big trouble with my unsuppressed AR-15 and a few 30rd mags full of M193.

Makes a .357mag sound like a squirt pistol and shoots about a foot and a half long flame out the front of the barrel in low light even with the flash suppressor.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1602 Times on 1096 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
Just a word of caution about the .357 sig as a nightstand pistol. While I think the cartridge is a great self-defense round, I would either have earplugs in the nightstand or think of suppressing it for use in a house or other enclosed space. Touching off a .357 sig in a room or hallway in a house would be similar to having a flash-bang go off at the end of your arm.
I have done a lot of night hunting. I have never been blinded by the muzzle flash of any shotgun or rifle. My slug gun has large muzzle flash, much larger than any handgun. When your adrenaline is rolling the report of any gun will not make your ears ring. Even if the report made your ears ring, it's better to be alive with your ears ringing than dead because you didn't get an instant stop.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 11-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

And by the way a .357 has NOTHING on a flashbang. At all.

Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 11-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #30

Liked 220 Times on 145 Posts

Quote:
And by the way a .357 has NOTHING on a flashbang. At all.
I'll second that. I'll also agree that in a high stress situation like a home invasion where you are forced to use deadly force you will never notice the report or muzzle flash. Don't worry about it.

Hell I've been so excited/focused deer hunting on occasion I didn't remember hearing the rifle or feeling the recoil.

If I start hunting with ear plugs my buddies will never let me hear the end of it!

Last edited by FrontierTCB; 11-07-2013 at 12:12 PM.