Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glocks, grip angles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Glocks, grip angles

Im in the market for a new pistol, and im considering a glock. I have held one a few times, but honestly im not sure about the grip angle. Sometimes its weird for me, sometimes not. Has anyone been unsure of the grip, but gotten used to it over time?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshooter
Im in the market for a new pistol, and im considering a glock. I have held one a few times, but honestly im not sure about the grip angle. Sometimes its weird for me, sometimes not. Has anyone been unsure of the grip, but gotten used to it over time?
I was unsure of the grip on my G17 but the have different back straps and I got some decal grips to put over it. And in all honesty after shooting it more and more I overcame it without the grips.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have a g21 sf, g27 and a g30, it took a minute to get use to them but now I carry my g21 sf to work with me day and night, there all great guns and very dependable

Old 03-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #4

Liked 279 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I hated my oldladys 17 when she first got it, but now i shoot it all the time. Its accurate and really easy to shoot. I love my revolver but i would shoot the Glock with no problems. And the grip angle really isnt bad. Shoot a couple and see how you like it. You will defenitly get use to the grips.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Try this. Step 1 Hold your arm out and point with your index finger at an object. Step 2 while maintaining that angle of the wrist and hand open your fingers to allow a buddy to place the glock in your hand. Notice how the sights are aligned with what you were initially pointing at? The glock is a point and shoot pistol. That's why the grip angle is the way it is. Xd's are similar. May be a degree or so off.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Everytime I held a Glock I used to say, "but it feels weird, like holding a 2x4". Then about 2 months ago a friend and I were out shooting some, he must have brought 7 or 8 pistols. He pulled out his G17 and asked if I wanted to try it. I said sure I've never shot a Glock but I'll try it. I pointed at the target and pulled the trigger 17 times and thought, I need one of these. I now have a 22 and a 27 and love them both.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #7

I think they feel good. Its the others that don't

Old 03-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Me personally, i never saw the big deal about the grip angle. Maybe cause my second pistol was a Glock but even before then, i didnt have a problem

Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I actually prefer the grip angle on a Glock over most other handguns. I love the way the bore axis sits so low in my hand.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 03-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #10

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-03 View Post
I actually prefer the grip angle on a Glock over most other handguns. I love the way the bore axis sits so low in my hand.

Yup, It's all subjective to the shooter, some folks like 'em, some don't...That is all...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting