Glock w slip over grips
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock w slip over grips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock w slip over grips

So I really want to get the Glock 17 for its reputation of reliability but I HATE the standard grip on it. It is really to uncomfortable. I am looking at Houge or Pachmayr slip over grips. How are these, I know that they are cheap but do they make a difference. And if I bought them do you think a range would let me try it it on a rental?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Why don't you buy a gun with a grip you like?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-02-2012, 04:30 AM   #3

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

If you're gonna choose between hogue and pachmayar, go with the pachmayar. The grip is a lot tackier, you'll like it better! Btw, 1000 POSTS! WOO HOO! WHERE'S MY PRIZE?!!!!!!

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 03-02-2012, 04:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
Why don't you buy a gun with a grip you like?
I have shot a Glock 17 & 19, M&P .40 and 9mm, Springfield XD9, and Ruger P89. I like the MP9 the best but have read there are issues with accuracy and the Smith & Wesson is not as reliable as the Glock.

I am new to guns and since so many people love the 17 I figure it is just the grip I hate. I figured I would give it one last chance with a grip slip.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz
If you're gonna choose between hogue and pachmayar, go with the pachmayar. The grip is a lot tackier, you'll like it better! Btw, 1000 POSTS! WOO HOO! WHERE'S MY PRIZE?!!!!!!
Congrats - you win the prize of telling me which 9mm I should buy!

yes I know - get the one I love best!

Old 03-02-2012, 04:50 AM   #6

Can't go wrong with a Glock 17 man. I just sold mine and got a FNH FNX-9 b/c I got bored with the Glock. But for real, the G17 is an amazing pistol

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 03-02-2012, 04:50 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you don't like the gun then don't buy it...get something you like overall. I own Glocks, Sigs, Springfields, and Smith & Wessons...I can assure none if them is more reliable than the other. I have a full size M&P .45 and compact M&P .40...if you like them then get one. They are reliable and accurate. Get out there and find the one you like the most. If you don't like the grip on the gun then you probably won't enjoy it once you get it.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Last edited by USMC-03; 03-02-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #8

Thanks for the info G17 and USMC.

I guess I have done so much research BEFORE I shot i believe the Glock 17 is the best gun for what I am looking for right now. I just am seeing if I will grow to like it.

One of the areas that I guess is impacting me other than the rough grip is slide bite. I have shot 100 rounds on each gun I mentioned (6 in all) and have been bitten by the 19 and 17 but none of the others. I will give the 19 a pass because it is the first time I ever shot, but the 17 was the 5th of the 6 i shot.

Are Glocks worse for that? I read that on one thread and another said that is ridiculous.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum27
Thanks for the info G17 and USMC.

I guess I have done so much research BEFORE I shot i believe the Glock 17 is the best gun for what I am looking for right now. I just am seeing if I will grow to like it.

One of the areas that I guess is impacting me other than the rough grip is slide bite. I have shot 100 rounds on each gun I mentioned (6 in all) and have been bitten by the 19 and 17 but none of the others. I will give the 19 a pass because it is the first time I ever shot, but the 17 was the 5th of the 6 i shot.

Are Glocks worse for that? I read that on one thread and another said that is ridiculous.
Pretty ridiculous really

~John F. Kennedy

Old 03-02-2012, 05:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz

Pretty ridiculous really
To clarify - Glocks are no worse for slide bite than another gun? Just asking. Like I said I want the Glock.