Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock vs Sig vs H&K

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock vs Sig vs H&K

I just recently completed an LEO firearms instructor class in which three popular firearm brands were represented. About 60% of the class shot Glocks (.40 & .45), 30% Sigs (.357 Sig, 9mm, .45), and 10% H&K (.40). Every brand had some sort of problem, except the Glocks. The main take-down pin in the H&K fell out while the guy was shooting it. He thought it was the slide failing to go fully forward and slapped the slide forward, causing it to fall off the gun. He said this is a common problem at his agency. One relatively new Sig jammed frequently. The Glocks suffered no malfunctions throughout the entire class. They are also much cheaper to buy than the other brands. I think I'll stick with my Glocks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorst294 View Post
I just recently completed an LEO firearms instructor class in which three popular firearm brands were represented. About 60% of the class shot Glocks (.40 & .45), 30% Sigs (.357 Sig, 9mm, .45), and 10% H&K (.40). Every brand had some sort of problem, except the Glocks. The main take-down pin in the H&K fell out while the guy was shooting it. He thought it was the slide failing to go fully forward and slapped the slide forward, causing it to fall off the gun. He said this is a common problem at his agency. One relatively new Sig jammed frequently. The Glocks suffered no malfunctions throughout the entire class. They are also much cheaper to buy than the other brands. I think I'll stick with my Glocks.
Whatever works for you is what you should choose.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I love my Glocks! I do have a SIG with about 500 down range though....no problems. Murphy can show up any time.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
I love my Glocks! I do have a SIG with about 500 down range though....no problems. Murphy can show up any time.
Murphy CAN show up any time??? Better make that WILL. Seriously, I rented a Glock at the range and it jammed twice while going through 50 rounds. I shot my friend's Sig and it jammed a couple of times as well. I bought a Glock and it has been flawless through 250 rounds. I think a lot has to do with wear and maintenance.

And for you fans of Murphy's Laws-- "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you."