Glock vs salt water

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock vs salt water

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 02:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default Glock vs salt water

About to do some flounder gigging. Thinking about carrying my glock with me out in the water. If I fall or something then it will be submerged in saltwater. Is this something I should be worried about?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #2

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

If you have a Fish gig why would you need a "Glock"?

Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 538 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Last I checked plastic wasn't affected by water of any type.

JK, just trying to start some trouble here.

It would probably be a good idea to clean and protect all the metal parts with a good oil like CLP. Perhaps even use a lite weight gun grease on all the moving parts. That should keep water out. After your trip, strip it down completely and clean/re-oil everything.

So long as you don't have constant exposure to moisture I would think you will be alright. Remember that cleaning EVERYTHING afterwards along with oiling it is important. Do that as soon as you get home, even if you don't fall in cause some moisture will probably at least be present.

Have fun on your trip

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"