Glock vs. HK

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock vs. HK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock vs. HK

I believe a CC gun should have a few standard features.

• Combat accurate
  • 100% reliability

The Glock beat out my Sig and Beretta because of the fact they will not stand up to +P or +P+ ammo. This ammo should be shot only in a all steel gun, or a Glock or an HK. All alluminum framed guns are not +p safe.

For my CC choices in 9mm there was the Glock 19C, HK USP/P2000.

These guns are superb weapons. The only thing that swayed me to the Glock was HK's De-cocking control lever which would interfere with my gun hold. I shoot both thumbs straight forward. The lever would beat the crap out of my left thumb. I don't have this problem with 1911's because the thumb safety is located in a better position. I know they make the model w/o the lever. The LEM triggered gun. I like the DA/SA on HK's only. I tried the P2000's but I want a 4" barrel. Anything less than 4" doesn't fit into my catagory as a self defense/combat pistol.

If the P2000 DA/SA had a 4.1" barrel it would have won. The gun shoots like a champ.

Both are great guns, but the simple efficient design of the Glock won in the CC 9mm pistol showdown I had.

Personally I like HK's rifle and SMG line far better than their pistols. Though I see myself getting a P2000 9mm in the future. I believe one should own two guns in the same caliber in case one breaks down, is stolen, etc.

Last edited by Glockshooter; 12-16-2009 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Deleted exterior link as this is your first post

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2010, 01:24 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

What about a HKP7? The P7 would be more accuarate then the GLOCK and is much more safe to carry "hot".
If you have the coin. The mags are 100 bucks each.