Glock vs HighPoint - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock vs HighPoint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

It's funny that the OP hasn't said crap since the 3rd post and then he started another thread talking about this thread!!! It's just a waste of time. Who cares which one you buy since it will be just sitting in a tool box. Spend the least, so when it does fall apart or rust. Then you can just go buy another one. You should go start another thread.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
No gun is infallible. Unless we're talking about the Pope's gun. :P
DING! [idea for new annoying thread]

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 10-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #33
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3276 Times on 2228 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
Here is an affordable option and I doubt anyone can debate the quality of the gun. Find a used Ruger P95 with a stainless slide. It will survive harsh treatment just as well as any gun on the market. It is just as accurate and durable as a Glock. It has a better trigger than a glock. I can go on and on about the P95. I bought a new stainless Ruger P95 in the summer of 2012 for $320 out the door.
Second that! I'm still looking for a Used SS one.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #34

Liked 112 Times on 84 Posts

Glock vs. High point? Really? They both might shoot every time you pull the trigger, but the quality of these two guns is night and day.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #35
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
Glock vs. High point? Really? They both might shoot every time you pull the trigger, but the quality of these two guns is night and day.
look at the difference in price. yes the Glock is a much higher quality pistol than the Hi-Point, and i would expect nothing less. but the Hi-Point is made for a totally different market than the Glock and priced accordingly.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:14 AM   #36

Liked 112 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

look at the difference in price. yes the Glock is a much higher quality pistol than the Hi-Point, and i would expect nothing less. but the Hi-Point is made for a totally different market than the Glock and priced accordingly.
Yeah, I agree. There are plenty of high point owners who are happy and just want a gun that fires. I been there and done that as a high point 40cal was my first handgun purchase fresh out of college when funds were limited. They are still limited, but for different reasons. I learned a lot from that purchase. That was the worse gun I even owned. It was guaranteed to jam at least twice per mag with any ammo. I couldn't hit squat with that gun at like 25 feet. Now I was new to handguns so I asked some older experienced gentleman to shoot my gun and see if they could hit with it. When they seen the patterns they shot when they actually hit the paper they told me "son send that gun in for repair or trade it in". To high points credit I did not give them a chance to repair it as I probably should, but I was just so disappointed with my first gun I wanted nothing else to do with it. First I try to trade it in at clelands outdoor world and they tell me they won't take it because they stand behind their guns and can't stand behind such a low quality gun. Then another shop and basically the same thing. Then I remembered what the guy said who sold me the gun. I asked is that 40 cal high point a good gun for $150. He replied "you really can't beat a 40 caliber handgun, its a great cartridge. The gun will shoot when you pull the trigger. But i would suggest if you really want a different gun just save up and come back when you have enough." Man I should have listened to ted. He basically told me not to buy that gun and save up for a better quality peace without ruining his sale. My next gun was a Springfield 1911A1 and boy I knew then what class of gun a high point was. Then shortly after that a beretta 92fs and glock 23. When I started tearing holes out of targets at 50 feet and having no jams I realized how far I came and would never go cheap again because to a certain extent you do kind of get what you pay for. Im not saying high points are the worst gun but they are not in the same league as glock. Don't get me wrong though man, if its high point or nothing I will take one all day long. This is just my personal experience with high point, not a reflection off the thousands out there that actually do what its suppose to do. If I would have gave high point the chance to repair the gun it might have been a good gun, instead I chose to take a $40 lost and inform the buyer of the problems that gun was having.