Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock vs HighPoint (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-vs-highpoint-98610/)

nchunt101 10-11-2013 06:27 PM

Glock vs HighPoint

I am in the market for a tackle box/ Truck gun. I have looked at both Glock and High Point. What is actually the benefit of a glock over a high point. Both are ugly enough that i dont need to worry about the finish and both go bang when you pull the trigger. Could some one tell me what benefits Glock has over High Point other that Price, Made In Austria instead of US, Kool Aid and acessories?

Yunus 10-11-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nchunt101 (Post 1398544)
I am in the market for a tackle box/ Truck gun. I have looked at both Glock and High Point. What is actually the benefit of a glock over a high point. Both are ugly enough that i dont need to worry about the finish and both go bang when you pull the trigger. Could some one tell me what benefits Glock has over High Point other that Price, Made In Austria instead of US, Kool Aid and acessories?

I can strip and clean my Glock in just a couple minutes and reassembly is easy as can be. I have never used a Hi Point but I've seen the pictures and it looks a lot more complicated.

Also the Glock is so simple that ugly isn't appropriate IMO. Purposed would be how I describe it, it was purpose built and aesthetics were not part of that purpose.

nchunt101 10-11-2013 06:41 PM

I mainly want something I can just leave in my trucks lock box and forget about unless I need it. I see a lot of varmints around my deer feeders. I have a couple of Glocks but the idea of a 150 dollar beater is appealing.

spack762 10-11-2013 07:10 PM

Hi-Point all the way. Better fit in the hand. So much cheaper. Just as accurate and reliable as my buddy block. I have never disabled mine, no need, spray it with cleaner, a little lubricant and good to go. Hi-Points warranty is sweet too.

orangello 10-11-2013 07:46 PM

Hi-Point has a zinc alloy slide and polymer frame; does zinc alloy rust? For a toolbox gun, you want less rustability.

Also, the Hi-Point is a blowback operated pistol; shouldn't it be simpler to disassemble and clean? I have not tried and do not own one (or a block).

grandpubba 10-11-2013 08:04 PM

I sold my high point to date it's the only gun I've sold. Mine required a hammer and center punch to"field strip"

If you don't care about cleaning or maintenance of it get the hi point

Yunus 10-11-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nchunt101 (Post 1398554)
I mainly want something I can just leave in my trucks lock box and forget about unless I need it. I see a lot of varmints around my deer feeders. I have a couple of Glocks but the idea of a 150 dollar beater is appealing.

Which Glock have you used LEAST recently? Isn't that an already bought beater?

Axxe55 10-11-2013 10:29 PM

i'd get a Hi-Point in 40 or 45, spary it down with a very light oil, wipe it down, insert the loaded mag, and put it in a plastic zip-lock bag and be done!:D

kryptar19 10-11-2013 10:38 PM

Why not get the S&W SDVE in either 9mm or 40??

It's priced in between the Glock and High Point and prettier than both. :D

The SD series is just as reliable as a Glock, although it is very vanilla. The stainless finish isn't very susceptible to rust either.

Quentin 10-11-2013 10:50 PM

Glock all the way. A $350 LE trade-in G17 or G22 would be perfect. Probably would have cosmetic wear but few rounds down the pipe. Ultra reliable and night sights, too.