Glock Talk
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Glock Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock Talk

Before you rail me for creating this thread, know that I searched as much as the iPhone app would allow.

Looking for input on the Glock 17 and 19. So far the only threads I've seen are showing them off or questions about accessories.

My itch to purchase another gun has landed my eyes on the 17 and /or the 19. I was hoping that owners of these models could chime in and share some feedback about their guns. Are there huge differences in the generations? Ant help is appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #2

Liked 63 Times on 52 Posts

Lots of threads on both.
My first pistol was a G19. My last purchase was a G19 4th gen. They fit my hand perfectly and 9's are effective and economical. I also have a G17c 3rd gen. I like the new recoil spring and checkering on the 4th gen. It has been flawless. I never had many complaints with the 3rd gen though.
The G19 is by far my favorite. It is more compact than the G17 and lighter. In fact, if I would have bought the G19 first, I probably would have never bought the G17c.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #3

Thanks and I saw a ton of threads on both but like I said, it was more of a show off thread or accessories thread.

So you like the 19 more than the 17? I've held both at the gun store and can't really feel that big of a difference. Maybe it's because I'm new to the Glock platform.

I had originally looked at a Springfield XD but since the Glocks are situated right next to them that it was hard NOT to pay attention to them.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #4

For me the most important difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4 was the cost difference. The gen 3 17 fit my hand perfectly do was my first handgun purchase. I put night sights on it, the later a 3.5 lb ghost rocket connector. The connector made a huge difference and while I liked it before, it's fantastic now. 9mm is great because ammo is priced right. Both gens and both frames are great guns!

Old 04-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staestc
For me the most important difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4 was the cost difference. The gen 3 17 fit my hand perfectly do was my first handgun purchase. I put night sights on it, the later a 3.5 lb ghost rocket connector. The connector made a huge difference and while I liked it before, it's fantastic now. 9mm is great because ammo is priced right. Both gens and both frames are great guns!
I've only seen Gen 4 at my local shop. What's the price difference? Is it substantial enough to make someone sway their Gen choice? What did you pay if you don't mind offering that info.?

I have yet to see ANY bad ANYTHING about glocks, I'm guessing it's a no brainier but would entertain any more input.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #6

I just bought a new gen 3 g19 over the 17 and gen 4. It was a$50 difference between gen. However with the gen 4 you get an extra magazine and the grip texture is different. Just liked how the gen 3 g19 felt and fired in my hands over the other glocks, m & p, and xd.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #7

Oh, and I paid $519 otd

Old 04-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staestc
You can't even really call it a cost difference when the Gen4 comes with 3 factory mags and the Gen3 only comes with two.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:28 AM   #9

Personally I like the stippling on the gen4 grips, they're also a bit slimmer with no back strap..... Plus I'm a lefty so being able to flip my mag release over is awesome!

Old 04-25-2012, 02:35 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The gen 4's cost more? Thats... Well i guess it isn't really surprissing. Use cheaper parts, charge more. The method of success for all businesses, even glock i guess :/

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/