Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock + Storm Lake...poi problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock + Storm Lake...poi problems

I bought a storm lake barrel for my glock 35 so I could shoot the cheaper 9mm rounds. My problem is that the point of impact isn't even close to where the stock .40 barrel hits. With the .40, I can keep my groups inside a tennis ball - soft ball sized diameter target at 10 yards...I am happy with that. I figured I should be able to do the same with the storm lake barrel and 9mm but it shoots so high at that distance that it misses the paper target completely. At about 20 yards it shoots around 2 feet high, but I have no way to tell because even as I aim at the bottom of the target I miss high. I sent the barrel back to storm lake and they said its to spec, so I figured maybe its a fit issue. I bought the glock new, it has maybe 750 rounds through it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this? All I want is a similar point of impact from the storm lake barrel.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Still using the Glock OEM recoil assembly? Have you tried one of the steel non-captive guide rods/springs? Might try that. Also...have you changed your ejector block? I think you need to do that when switching calibers in Glocks.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #3

Yeh everything is stock except for the barrel. The ejector is still the 40 cal and I have problems with it but I don't want to upgrade it until it shoots accurately. Do you have a recommendation on the spring weight or guide rod assembly I should try?