Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock sights, opinions on this one, please?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock sights, opinions on this one, please?

I am buying a Glock 19 and a 27. Both guns have the default fixed sights, but I want adjustable sights installed. The guns have not yet arrived. The photo shows the sights I want to install. Any comments on this sight?

Will the frame of this sight allow it to be (gently and carefully) tapped into the Glock slide, or is this a press in installation only?

I have never owned a Glock but I am assuming that the fixed sights will need adjustment, so I would rather add adjustable sights now.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Shoot them before ordering sights. Myself and millions of others have found that the factory sights do not need adjusted. I reload and have tried many different loads and many different factory loads as well and have never found the need for a set of adjustable sights

Old 07-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Unless you are doing competition shooting at 50 yards or so, in which case a 19 or 27 wouldn't be your weapon of choice, the stock sights do NOT need to be adjusted. That's not to say you shouldn't put what you want on em. But don't think that those sights are gonna make you more accurate. The stock sights are plastic and not going to stand up to much of a beating but they are "zero'd."

Old 07-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 203 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I have Meprolight night sights on my Glocks. They are fixed and i don't see the reasons anyone should get the adjustable ones. Just saying..

Old 07-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
I have Meprolight night sights on my Glocks. They are fixed and i don't see the reasons anyone should get the adjustable ones. Just saying..
I am buying my first Glock. So, I don't know how well they shoot. But, because Glock, like any other machine made by man, may well need adjusting either now or later. It's for that reason that an adjustable seem to make since and I don't own a sight pusher.

Whey my Glock arrives (this week), I will take it to the range and I will see how well it shoots, and I will know it I need an adjustable sight. I will also need to figure out what ammo works best for y specific Glock.

Don't be lead by the noise, be lead by your own mind and thoughts.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2211 Times on 1107 Posts
Likes Given: 1137

Just be sure you use a Glock Sight pusher tool when installing and adjusting.
I thought I would also share something that I found years ago. It is the Heinie Straight 8 Sights. They have Trijicon Inserts. All you do when you use the sights is set the top ball (Being on the Front Sight) On top of the Bottom Ball or dot being on the Rear Sight! And fire!
I tied them and they are very accurate and fast compared to conventional sights if you are going to use a flash sight picture.
Here is the only way I can explain why they are better in some ways. When we use traditional sights you must center the front sight with equal light on each side of the rear and Hold the front sight even with the top of the rear. With the Heinie Straight 8 you simply put the front Dot on the target an on top of the bottom dot and shoot. The other issue your eye will pick up objects very quickly that are in a Vertical Alignment vs objects in a Horizontal Alignment. For example that is why it is very easy for you to see a pole for example standing vertically that is leaning slightly and much harder to tell if a table top might be a 1/2 inch closer to the ground on one end. The vertical error stands out to us like a sore thumb. So aligning the two Straight 8 Dots is almost a natural thing to align them very quickly. Cut two paper circles and then align them on a table vertically and then horizontally as quickly as possible and maybe you can simulate what I am explaining. I know this is a new concept to many but it works and works well!
I had them on my Golck 22 duty weapon for over 10 years and still have them on it at home as we speak! Just some new information maybe you have not thought about before!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy