Glock sights
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 05:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock sights

I am wondering what you all think about using an orange or yellow front sight and green or secondary back sights. On my Glock 21 I have all green night sights. I find it hard to pick up the sighs at night when shooting at the range. I have seen off colored front sights for sale and just want to know if it is worth the $'s. Have any of you used two different color of sights in the past and do you find you can pick up the front sight faster and keep on it better? Stay safe and keep shooting.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #2

I'll be honest with ya, I've never had a problem with the front and back both being green.

Who makes the sights, you are using?

Old 07-09-2009, 05:14 AM   #3

I do not know the maker of the sights with out looking at my gun. They are of good quality and came on the gun from my store. They are night sights, very bright and of good size. I am talking about combat shooting and not just target shooting. I don't know if the secondary colored front sight is just a fade or something the would help with speed shooting. This is something that came up to me while reading gun mags and such.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #4

If your Glock came with Night Sights when new, then their factory Glock Night Sights.

I just haven't heard of anybody, having any issues with all green sights.

You have to remember sometimes things are just fades, like you have said. It's a marketing thing, just to get you to buy their stuff. I'm sure the Tacta Billies have draws filled with gadgets of the week.

Recently, I just had Mepro Night Sights put on all my Glocks. I had Tritan Night Sight, on my G23 for 10 years and they are a little smaller than the Mepro's. It took a little time to get used to them but, now it's okay. Now that I'm older, I guess I will welcome the slightly bigger sights.

You may need to train with the gun empty more often.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:02 AM   #5

Default Thanks

Thanks for your info, your right I like all shooters need to dry fire more and work with my gun more. I shot well now but if I put the time if I could be better. I will have to make the call on getting the off colored front sight and report back on that. Thanks again.