Glock Sale at HTF - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock Sale at HTF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 380 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Get one of these Jiro, a .460 Rowland conversion - then you can be the big guy on post...

Is that your personal firearm??
I seen a Taurus at the Gun Shop the otherday. It was BEAUTIFUL!
How does it perform?

Old 12-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
Eh I don't like 1911s. Maybe for a range gun but I want a WROL gun. Just my style.
Yeah, I have my Glock and my 1911. I like both for different reasons. My carry piece is a Walther PPS; since it has some charectoristics of both that I appreciate. I have a LEO brother in law in KS. He's able to get Glocks at a substantially discounted price when he is taking his Armorer's classes. He offered to sell me a used one for about what he buys them for. I think I'm gonna take him up on that. It will fill the gap of .40cal that I have in my collection. Buying online? It's a tough call. A lot of these cheaper Glocks are retired law enforcement pistols. Some are sweethearts and some are POS. Be careful what you buy; especially over the internet, or you'll be spending the money you saved to get new parts. No "good deal" beats being able to look at the gun first hand and/or decide which one of the lot that you are gonna take home. Just IMHO formed by reading reviews but roll the dice if you feel lucky. You may be a winner; or not...

Old 12-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Guys it's not an internet buy.

The store is Hoover Tactical Firearms. I went inside there. Hell they even had a few 1911s that were good like a taurus.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #14

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgodd View Post
Is that your personal firearm??
I seen a Taurus at the Gun Shop the otherday. It was BEAUTIFUL!
How does it perform?
Yup it's mine (or was). Actually, I have the .460 kit back in a Springer Mil-Spec right now as my son wanted the Taurus. Regardless of the platform, it's a hoot to shoot. I'm not a real Taurus fan but I picked this one up very cheap...

Old 12-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #15

Quote:
The m9 is a piece of **** though.
Seriously....what the hell are you talking about?

Old 12-27-2010, 04:14 AM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjf915 View Post
Seriously....what the hell are you talking about?
The m9 The Beretta. It's a piece of **** weapon when compared to modern handguns. To heavy and not that accurate when compared to other pistols.

The FNP, 1911, Sig, CZ-75 far outshine the metal trash.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #17

Quote:
The m9 The Beretta. It's a piece of **** weapon when compared to modern handguns. To heavy and not that accurate when compared to other pistols.

The FNP, 1911, Sig, CZ-75 far outshine the metal trash.
Maybe compared to SOME guns the M9 doesn't perform as well. But to say that it is a piece of crap is an exaggeration.....especially when you are considering buying a Glock. M9 far outshines the Glock. Only advantage of a Glock is that you can conceal it easier for carry.

And the guy who suggested getting a Taurus is even funnier.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestRookie View Post
wow, you think the m9 is a POS and a taurus 1911 is a good gun? I'll be adding you to my ignored list so I don't have to read any more of this retarded nonsense...good luck with your gun, wannabe-rambo..don't shoot yourself.
Forums have a "quote" feature so that other people can tell who you are talking to.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestRookie View Post
wow, you think the m9 is a POS and a taurus 1911 is a good gun? I'll be adding you to my ignored list so I don't have to read any more of this retarded nonsense...good luck with your gun, wannabe-rambo..don't shoot yourself.
That's a bit much! Check the pic; Jiro is young AND proudly serving this country. Constructive advice would be more appropriate, even if he is lusting after glocks & taurii. People aren't born knowing everything, especially when opinions vary.

Jiro, have you tried the XD45 with the 5" barrel? I'm quite fond of mine & it has not misfed or misfired yet. It is also available in OD goodness. XD, the other tupperware.

edit* Jiro, you do realize that you may not be training with the cream of the M9/Beretta crop, right? Round count might be taking its toll.

Last edited by orangello; 12-27-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #20

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

My m9 was ok but it is no 1911. The m9's I shot were accurate enough for me to quality Expert on the army course of fire. Not sure why they give you 50 rounds to hit 40 target. I hit 40 out of 40 and had 12 rounds left over....