Glock Safety - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock Safety

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy00

There have been lots of valuable suggestions and advice so far on how to overcome your dilemma. I'll make you a deal. Try whichever ones you like and if you're still not comfortable without a manual safety, we can work out a deal and i'll purchase your 27 from you. I've been looking for a 27 anyways and you can use the money for an M&P 40c which is the same size, same caliber, and does have a manual safety.

I plan to buy a 27 one way or the other within the next few weeks. I'll keep checking back to see your progress. Feel free to pm me if you like.
Thanks a lot for the offer. I will keep it in mind but I really do love this gun. It never jams and is 100% reliable. It had zero break in required and worked perfectly from the first shot fired. I added Pierce grip extensions to all my magazines which gives my pinky finger a place to land. I think it will just take a little more trigger time until I am fully comfortable carying it hot. Every day I feel more confident in the gun.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #52

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblcrona View Post

Thanks a lot for the offer. I will keep it in mind but I really do love this gun. It never jams and is 100% reliable. It had zero break in required and worked perfectly from the first shot fired. I added Pierce grip extensions to all my magazines which gives my pinky finger a place to land. I think it will just take a little more trigger time until I am fully comfortable carying it hot. Every day I feel more confident in the gun.
Put 2000 rounds through it. By then, anything else will just feel weird. I own several not cheap guns. Hk, kimber, browning, beretta, etc. But my glock 23 is the one that rides on my hip. There is a reason for that. Several in fact as you have already started to discover yourself. I want a 27 for my ankle. I guess im gonna have to keep looking. You are gonna fall in love with yours...
Old 02-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #53

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

I've carried Glocks for hundreds if not thousands of hours. At every position, with different holsters. They absolutely wont fire unless you put your finger on the trigger. I've done thousands of dry draws and never grab the gun with the trigger finger inside the guard. Practice until you are the same.

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

jeepejeep Likes This 
Old 02-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #54

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzll
I've carried Glocks for hundreds if not thousands of hours. At every position, with different holsters. They absolutely wont fire unless you put your finger on the trigger. I've done thousands of dry draws and never grab the gun with the trigger finger inside the guard. Practice until you are the same.
Redundant. Nobody disputes that fact and it is not the point of this thread.

Last edited by danolator; 02-14-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #55

Liked 94 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I have only had my Glock 19 for a few months, prior to that my concealed carry weapon was a S&W 638. No safety on these. Yet I felt uneasy with my Glock with one in the tube pocket carry until I got a Safe-T-Lock. These are a wonderful little item, I feel much more confident using it. If using my Fobus paddle holster which protects the trigger, the Safe-T-Lock is not required. As others have stated, keeping the finger out of the trigger guard until you are ready to fire is paramount to gun safety.

Last edited by redscho; 02-15-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #56

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Couldn't resist this one. No telling what kind of gun it was and this guy was probably stupid, but the point is, one in the chamber & no safety. If it was a Glock, the trigger safety didn't do him much good. It appears some clothing or something made it go bang.

http://www.rn-t.com/view/full_story/21709427/article-Man-accidentally-shoots-himself-at-local-diner?instance=home_most_popular

Old 02-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #57

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator

Redundant. Nobody disputes that fact and it is not the point of this thread.
It's not redundant. The OP asked what would make him feel better about carrying his Glock which has no external safety. The only way he will feel better about that is if the gun doesn't go bang when he doesn't want it to. I can personally attest to the fact that a Glock (or any weapon for that matter) will not fire unless some external force (usually provided by a human) causes it to. Refer back to rule number 1. If the trigger isn't pressed then it won't fire. OP if you're not comfortable carrying the gun without an external safety then don't. There are plenty of other guns that are just as reliable and will fit your hand as well.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #58

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Excuse me, it is redundant. But it's also the answer to the question. :-)

Old 02-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #59

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

The Glock is much like a double action revolver. There isn't any safety on one of those is there? And people have been carrying them for many, many years with little to no problems. You sound like you are very well versed in gun safety so I believe you know not to rely on any mechanical safety. The only safety you should be able to rely on is your trained brain. As long as you are confident on your training with the Glock or any other pistol and have top notch equipment (holster) you should have no qualms carrying your Glock chambered.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 02-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #60

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator
Couldn't resist this one. No telling what kind of gun it was and this guy was probably stupid, but the point is, one in the chamber & no safety. If it was a Glock, the trigger safety didn't do him much good. It appears some clothing or something made it go bang.

http://www.rn-t.com/view/full_story/21709427/article-Man-accidentally-shoots-himself-at-local-diner?instance=home_most_popular
That's why you should make sure everything is clear when reholstering. When I reholster my G35 I make sure my shirt and jacket are out of the way, so nothing will get snagged!! Also, I have my trigger finger extended on slide, so there is no chance it will pull the trigger.