Glock Safety - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock Safety

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #21
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1706 Times on 883 Posts
Likes Given: 1329

I recall an instance of someone who re-holstered their Glock into a cheap and/or worn out leather holster. The holster’s leather was floppy. As the Glock was re-holstered, the leather entered the Glock’s trigger guard and caused the weapon to fire as the trigger was pushed down against the leather.

(I’ve a holster with a plastic ‘pocket’.)

Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #22

Likes Given: 1

my advise put a blank ammo inbthe chamber and carry it for a week or more

Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #23

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Of course there's always the Israeli method. I learned this, but don't see myself racking with my support hand very efficiently in the event my other hand is injured. I can, however, disengage an Ambi safety with either hand.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I just recently started carrying (about a month ago. My only handgun is a glock 17. I understand where you're coming from as I am still somewhat uncomfortable carrying with a round in the chamber. I use the Saf-T-Blok and still don't have one in the chamber, but I'm still getting used to CC. It fits fine in my Crossbreed super tuck ITW.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:38 AM   #25

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwardo23
I just recently started carrying (about a month ago. My only handgun is a glock 17. I understand where you're coming from as I am still somewhat uncomfortable carrying with a round in the chamber. I use the Saf-T-Blok and still don't have one in the chamber, but I'm still getting used to CC. It fits fine in my Crossbreed super tuck ITW.
Why use a safety block without a round in chamber? Really paranoid huh?

Old 02-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke-again124 View Post

Why use a safety block without a round in chamber? Really paranoid huh?
You almost just have to tell yourself that you know it won't go off... And it won't unless you pull the trigger. I wouldn't hesitate just get a nice holter and be done with it.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:54 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblcrona View Post
I'm glad at least a couple people here understand where I am coming from. Thanks a lot for your input. I have always thought that the idea of a trigger safety is a bit of a joke. A safety is by definition supposed to prevent you from pulling the trigger. You could have a dozen trigger safeties but not one of them will prevent you from firing the pistol. No, it is not that I can't keep my finger off the trigger as some have suggested. I have been shooting for 35 years and grew up with guns and gun safety my entire life. I have even shot competitively. I know and understand all the safety rules and I never put my finger inside the trigger guard until I am aiming at my intended target. It is merely the thought of having no real safety that seems dangerous to me. In my mind I equate carying a Glock with a round in the chamber the same as carying a 1911 loaded and cocked with the safety off. At least that is how it feels to someone who has ony owned a Glock for a couple of months. The more I shoot it the more comfortable I become. With more time will come a greater sense of comfort.
Well, in a way meant not to be offensive to anyone, I'm not a gun snob who thinks that there is only one way or one gun that everyone should have. I have many different styles and have carried each one. When it comes right down to it, I think most of us have probably seen that video with the DEA instructor preaching safety with his glock when he shoots himself in the leg. It can happen at anytime, to anyone. Sometimes, chit just happens. There isn't always a reason, it just does. I've never accidentally discharged any of my weapons (unless you count a pellet gun, and that was my fault for not giving it the respect I give my handguns) With respect to your discomfort, I can relate as I've had the same feeling. Like I said, I carry every day cocked and locked, safety on and feel perfectly secure doing so. There is just that little thought that something "could" go wrong with no failsafe other than that little chunk of plastic on the trigger, which I don't trust.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

danolator Likes This 
Old 02-12-2013, 03:18 AM   #28

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well said.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #29

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblcrona View Post
Did you even read my initial post?
Yes i did. You are afraid of a gun without a manual safety because you are not confident in your ability to consistently follow rule number one of firearms safety. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. My previous response still stands
Old 02-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #30

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
You don't know me or my level of expertise. Your assumptions are sophomoric.
No they arent. If you cant follow the basic rules of firearms safety and keep your finger off the damn trigger then it makes no difference which gun you decide to carry. It is a recipe for disaster.

If you can follow the rules, then your fears are irrational.