Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock Production (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-production-86045/)

dustinflyz 03-08-2013 03:26 AM

Glock Production

Any ideas on how far behind Glock is with production? After looking for several months, I was able to finally find a gen 4 19. I have also been looking for a 26 gen 4, and haven't came close to finding one in any of my LGS.

When will supply meet demand?

GeneralPatton 03-08-2013 03:30 AM

Well, a couple weeks ago it was known from insider info that Glock was staring down the barrel of 650,000 handgun orders and over 1.2 million magazines. They are running full tilt in an effort to get supply back on the shelf, but don't expect t o see much on the shelf,.

Ez2b 03-08-2013 02:50 PM

Keep checking into your gun stores my local gun store just got a shipment of 10 of them yesterday. and another 1 here in town was expecting a order of 20 in a day or 2 . but none were Gen 4 unfortunately I live in California where you cant buy a gen 4 for whatever reason I do not know why. and it's a question I ask everybody around nobody can answer that 1 for me so any info would be cool. added model 27 to my collection yesterday

FrontierTCB 03-08-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ez2b
Keep checking into your gun stores my local gun store just got a shipment of 10 of them yesterday. and another 1 here in town was expecting a order of 20 in a day or 2 . but none were Gen 4 unfortunately I live in California where you cant buy a gen 4 for whatever reason I do not know why. and it's a question I ask everybody around nobody can answer that 1 for me so any info would be cool. added model 27 to my collection yesterday

Gen 3 is ok but Gen 4? Way too dangerous for California!!!! Pathetic. Feel sorry for you gun owners that live in Cali. and I hope the rest of the country doesn't go down that road.

Well enjoy the 27. I've had mine for years and still carry it every day. While I'm thinking about it you might look into the PEARCE grip extension. If you have larger hands it makes the 27 much easier to shoot but doesn't stick out so far that it interferes with concealment. I just got some on AMAZON for $8.

Ez2b 03-08-2013 03:21 PM

Thanks yeah I was looking for an extension already. f ing Feinstein is going to step on your toes too lol

dustinflyz 03-08-2013 04:58 PM

Thanks for the advice. Been calling everyday. Gets frustrating dealing with hold and answering machines. Just seems like they should start landing soon.

GeneralPatton 03-09-2013 06:11 AM

My LGS got two in this week, but it's just random. I think they got a 34 and a 38 (9mm and 45gap) Another store has several in stock here locally. I know they have a 26, not sure what Gen it is. They are closed on weekends, but if you want to contact them Monday about what they have, the name of the store is Southern Arms and Ammo here in Alpharetta GA. All their contact information can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/SouthernArmsAndAmmo?fref=ts

Griffworks 03-10-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrontierTCB (Post 1168566)
Gen 3 is ok but Gen 4? Way too dangerous for California!!!! Pathetic. Feel sorry for you gun owners that live in Cali. and I hope the rest of the country doesn't go down that road.

Well enjoy the 27. I've had mine for years and still carry it every day. While I'm thinking about it you might look into the PEARCE grip extension. If you have larger hands it makes the 27 much easier to shoot but doesn't stick out so far that it interferes with concealment. I just got some on AMAZON for $8.

No insult intended with this, so please don't take offense... If you can find them, I highly recommend the purchase of a 9+1 OEM magazine. Gives you an extra round in addition to the extended, nearly full-size grip. At the "front end" of the grip, it's only maybe 1/16" longer than the Pearce, and doesn't make enough of an overall difference in overall holster profile, IMNSHO.

Alpha1Victor 03-12-2013 01:26 PM

The gen 4 glock aren't available in California due to some crazy law. Glock has to submit the new model to be tested and qualified to meet the California safty something or another. Dont quote me. Google it, its worth a google.

FrontierTCB 03-12-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffworks
No insult intended with this, so please don't take offense... If you can find them, I highly recommend the purchase of a 9+1 OEM magazine. Gives you an extra round in addition to the extended, nearly full-size grip. At the "front end" of the grip, it's only maybe 1/16" longer than the Pearce, and doesn't make enough of an overall difference in overall holster profile, IMNSHO.

No offense taken at all bro. I agree, 9+1 factory mags would be the way to go. I just had the Pearce extension on the brain because I just got some in the other day. Do you know of a good place to order the 9+1 mags?