Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock problems

What are some problems with the Glock 19

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 AM   #2

Problems ?? Really not any to talk about. The only problem I have ever had with any of my 4 Glocks is ammo. I bought some reloads from a gun show and they jammed in the gun. They jammed in mine and my buddies glock 17. I have shot just about every kind of ammo out of my gun and it goes BANG everytime. I have shot Wolf ammo, PMC, Hornady, Federal, Winchester, Remington, Black Hills, and CCI just to name a few. They all shot well just the relaods from the gun show that were in a Ziploc bag were not good rounds.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Agreed on ammo. I bought silver bear hollow points and they jammed up my 26. I am going to try them again tomorrow. Not sure if the ammo is just that crappy, or if I need to run my stock guide rod. Currently, I run a glockmeister stainless steel recoil system. Other than the silver bears jamming me up, I have had 0 problems.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #4

Liked 941 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfash55 View Post
What are some problems with the Glock 19
Which generation?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessRegard View Post
Agreed on ammo. I bought silver bear hollow points and they jammed up my 26. I am going to try them again tomorrow. Not sure if the ammo is just that crappy, or if I need to run my stock guide rod. Currently, I run a glockmeister stainless steel recoil system. Other than the silver bears jamming me up, I have had 0 problems.
The ammo IS that crappy. The steel cases bulge and stick.

To the original poster: Problems? My 2nd Gen 19 has over 200K rounds thorugh it. No problems.

Good choice. Great pistol. It will NOT let you down.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:54 PM   #6

Default Not hardly

Problems????LOL!! Trust me buddy, the only problem you would have is buying enough ammo to shoot But really, the gen 4 had issues with the recoil spring i do believe but i think its fixed know.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:58 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

The gen 4's have some issues. The others are good to go. I'd stick with the gen 3's for now which are still being made. The gen 4's can be identified by the removeable back strap. Otherwise the Glock 19 is the finest 9mm pistol on the market in my opinion.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Mine stovepipes a lot, see:

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 08-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
Mine stovepipes a lot, see:

At first I was like "What?" Then the Tupperware reference hit me... Funny.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 08-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #10

I have a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Glock17. The only problem I have ever had was with the Gen 1, and it was the ammo. It was the reloads I got at a gun show...cheap ammo. It was Brass case but it must have not been loaded right or something. It jammed my G17 and my buddies G17. All the ammo shot good but the last few rounds were bad. I have shot over 5k rounds through mine and not cleaned it and it still shoots perfect. I have never had a problem out of my Glock from day one..Just have to feed it and it is happy !!!