Glock pistols, ticking timebombs? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock pistols, ticking timebombs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 03:05 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I've fired a lot of 9mm and .45 through Glocks and can't recall ever having one blow up in my hand.

I continue to shoot Glocks and even drive Toyotas. I guess I'm just a risk-taking, hang-it-out-there, "eat, drink and be merry", "live for today", " you only go around once ", " reach for the gusto ", " just do it ", " ride hard-die fast " wild man.

"Praise the lord and pass on the reloaded ammunition. "

Old 02-11-2010, 03:52 AM   #62

i have a glock 26 and a glock 19 also xd sub compact and xd compact 9 and rugers sr9c several others have fires many round through my glocks and never had a failure im a pretty big fan but like anything else nothings perfect so dont distrust in them over one bad experience when i go out the door i have my g26 under my shirt and i could carry many different ones

Old 02-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #63

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
and, of course, I'm kidding.
I was getting ready to ask you some serious questions about that post, but I thought, "Read the next page. Chances are someone asked already." Sure enough you said you were kidding.

I am curious though as to where the G22 fear comes from. I carried mine for a long time, put thousands of rounds through it. Not to mention I worked in a department of 100 sworn and all of them carried G22's. Never, I mean never did anyone complain about the functionality, safety, or the reliability of the G22. I have never heard of one KBing other than what I have read on the net. It was very recently that I have even heard of this phenomena. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it seems to me if you put millions of anything on the market, the statistics of failure or problems increase exponentially.

I did not like the ergos of mine until I got a Hogue Handall last week, now I love the thing...even more than my XD's.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #64

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
I am curious though as to where the G22 fear comes from.
Any reference to Glock safety and 40 S&W ammo that I have seen mentions the unsupported barrel and chambers failure to handle high pressure ammo. I do not own a Glock so I don't really pay a lot of attention to it. It could all be urban legend based on 1 incident involving an abused or mistreated weapon, who knows.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
The only problems I'm aware of is in the .40 S&W Glocks. The back of the chamber is "unsupported" and it can cause the brass to bulge a bit. More of an inconvenience for reloaders than anything else. Also, shoot only jacketed ammo in any gun with a polygonal rifled barrel. BTW, I assume you meant a G17 or G19 as the G22 is a .40 caliber...
Unless, you have a conversion barrel to make it a 9..

Old 02-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #66

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Any reference to Glock safety and 40 S&W ammo that I have seen mentions the unsupported barrel and chambers failure to handle high pressure ammo. I do not own a Glock so I don't really pay a lot of attention to it. It could all be urban legend based on 1 incident involving an abused or mistreated weapon, who knows.
It was actually not all high-pressurea ammo. It was a batch of HydraShoks that Federal used brass that was improperly formed...

Old 02-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #67

Glocks are good pistols. Its all internet BS.

Although, I do love a good 1911.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:29 AM   #68

Liked 100 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Aside from this topic being a few days old, Glock has long fixed the problem of barrel support as the Glock i bought a few days ago does have a fully supported barrel chamber. Yes that means at the 6 o clock of the brass has full support.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #69

take the number of Glocks sold over the past years, add in the lack of maintenance/dirty/up-keeping, Loads people fire, then look at the problems, there probably low.

anyone good at numbers or know how many Glocks have been sold since the early 90's

Old 02-21-2010, 01:08 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith3351 View Post
Time Bombs?

No, I don't think Glock would produce or have such success with their products if the .40 cal was a "ticking time bomb." Sure, if someone abuses their weapons, bad ammo, anything can happen. There are a lot of videos out there of people having "issues" with their .40 cal Glocks...most often I think you'll find its an issue with the ammo, (reloads, etc) and not with the gun itself. I own two .40 cal Glocks and love them. I love the .40 cal specifically and so far the Glock 22 and 27 have been reliable and accurate.

~Steve
hi. im a newbie and im looking to get a handgun. ive shot my friends .45 glock and i love the kick it delivers. im doing my homework on a couple of glock related forums and got a question to this post above. what does he mean by "I shoot weekly with a range of ammo (no reloads) without any issues."

i dont get the no reloads part

-thao