Glock pistols, ticking timebombs? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock pistols, ticking timebombs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 07:04 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

stories of G22 kabooms are all related to too hot reloads combined with lots of rounds shot and a poor maintenance schedule...i have first line experience with this i myself cracked a G20 frame,but i so much abused this gun with hot loads for years.....honestly, on top of that, you can find many kbooms occured with steel guns, it may happen to any guns ...many factors are required to such an end for a gun, but trust me, it may happen with ANY guns.

i own 2 G22, and one is a 2nd gen with over 30,000 rounds(i shoot roughly 5-6-700 rounds a week) with it, and i have yet to get a FTF or a FTE with it as with any of my glocks(i own 4)....kbooms=urban legends!!!

Old 10-31-2009, 07:26 AM   #32

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

here are some pics of many brands and gun types kb's

there's an h&k,an annaconda, 2 revolvers....

Old 10-31-2009, 05:10 PM   #33

Man Holy $h!t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
out of the 4 guns posted I own 3 of then not good!!!

Old 10-31-2009, 05:17 PM   #34

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHOSTROKER View Post
Dig up old thread and come face to face with reality....

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-31-2009, 07:31 PM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

bah! as we said, most of them have something to do with poor maintenance and most of all, to much spiced ammo. even then, hot ammo or not, i suspect double charge for most of them...but the h&k usp??? hmmmm....someone probably kicked his own balls about it....

Old 10-31-2009, 07:46 PM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

many others. .50 bmg,vaquero,kkm barrel for glock, fn,etcetcetc, it may happen if you do dont take care of the basic rules line-up of reloading or maintenance...mmmhéhéh, or even worst,double charge

Last edited by Glockmaniac; 10-31-2009 at 07:49 PM.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:49 PM   #37

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Old 10-31-2009, 08:47 PM   #38

all my guns are cleaned after firing no matter how tired or busy I am,
but I really would like to know what is a good after market barrel for the Glock 23, or do I just go with the stock one?

Old 10-31-2009, 09:12 PM   #39

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
all my guns are cleaned after firing no matter how tired or busy I am,
but I really would like to know what is a good after market barrel for the Glock 23, or do I just go with the stock one?
every aftermarket barrels are riffled i guess , i suggest bar-sto....i was going to replace my G20 (10mm) barrel with a bar-sto, i was in a serious abusing mode with that gun at that time, at the end the frame cracked behind the chamber, i saved money on this one..lololol..

but for the 9mm or even the .40 calibers no need to do this, it's money throwed out the window.just imo.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #40

The "situation" exists in ALL Glock factory barrels.

Every other firearms mfg in the world heat treats their barrels....except Glock.
Gaston Glock is smarter than everybody else. The barrels are treated with tenifer...which surface hardens the interior and exterior of the barrels....not the core metal.

Why gamble when every after-market barrel is heat treated and the cost is less than your deductable for a trip to the ER ? They all offer more case head support than the factory barrel and add a safety factor.

With the replacement barrels, you can shoot reloads (done to specs of a reloading manual) and lead bullets.

Shooting ANY reloads VOIDS the Glock warranty as they have NO control over reloads or if they were done to S.A.A.M.I. specs.

If you are reloading beyond recommended charges by the powder manufacturers published data...you are playing Trick-or-Treat everytime you pull the trigger on ANY Firearm....It's just now worth the risk !

One State LEO agency testing Glock 40's with the selected factory duty round...blew up 2 Glocks in an hour ! Another State LEO agency testing their New Glocks in 357Sig with their duty round...blew up 4 Glocks in the first morning of testing ! They now carry SIG's and M&P's with no problems.

Glock does have very loyal Glock owners....it is not a bad design and your experiences may be positive.....but that does not change the facts regarding Glock barrel design and manufacturing issues. There is a reason everybody else heat treats barrels.

..............and YES...everybody's barrels will fail if you pull the trigger on a squib...fail to realize it...leave the barrel obstructed with a bullet.....and pull the trigger again on a live round......KABOOM !

A ticking time bomb ? You decide.