Glock pistols, ticking timebombs? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock pistols, ticking timebombs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3173 Times on 1804 Posts
Likes Given: 18420

Wow shannon, sorry to here that . My 36 eats everything and I mainly target shoot WWB 230 . Hornady 230 + p SD , you must a got a bad one !

Old 05-18-2009, 01:33 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have many that work fine(mostly 9mm),this not to say I didn't have trouble with reloads,I don't think they are the ultimate pistol or anything,I like and own other guns as well,I know there has been trouble with .40 specially ,but i think that calling them ticking timebombs it's exaggerated ,to say the least,just my 2 cents...

Old 05-18-2009, 01:50 AM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon View Post
I just bought a Glock 36,.. This is the most jamming gun I have ever purchased. I thought I was getting the best, most dependable compact .45 on the market. I was wrong, my Glock armorer only fired 2 mags(12) rounds through it, and found no problem. I fired about 200 rounds through it, and have had around 15 failure to feeds. Both reloads, and factory Winchester 230 grn ball ammo. I am sending this gun back to Glock, especially after all I have read on them after I purchased it. It also misfired 3 rounds. It is very accurate when it shoots, but it is not dependable.. I am a police officer, and depend on an off - duty firearm . I have been shooting and reloading for 30 years ..... Shannon
Sorry to hear about your G36 issues. I've had mine since they came out and have never had a problem. And I have several friends with G36's and they have had no problems either.

I'd compile a detailed list of the malfs (and ammo used) and send it back to Glock. Let them know in no uncertain terms that as a LEO you both rely on your backup for your life, and have a great influence over people who come to you for assistance in choosing firearms.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #14

Default Glocks

The number of Glocks sold alone will create numerous problems with Glocks, the more sold the more probability of problems. Bring the (operator) human factor into the picture... and it will also effect the problem numbers.

Using brand X ammo/reloads also play a part with KB's.

And don't forget the lies...lol

Old 05-19-2009, 07:02 AM   #15

I've often thought of it like this: the number of times all the Glocks in the world have gone "bang" when the trigger is pulled, compared to the number of times any Glocks have gone "KABOOM" is probably so ridiculously high that the weapon's reputation for reliability is more than solid.

My Glocks have always been reliable, safe and accurate, and eaten any ammo I've crammed into them.

Like it's been said in here before, bad ammo, the innate ability of humans to be dumbasses and the large number of Glocks do tend to affect the number of failures as well.

http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Old 06-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #16

Ok, I just switched to the Glock Model 27 last summer and have only had the chance ti fire abotut 400 rounds through it. So is there a problem i should be concerned about? I made the switch because I thought that Glocks were a good quality gun for me and conceal and carry!!! Any help would be great!! I read the past post but I am haveing a hard time understanding everything!!!

Thanks guys!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #17

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiski900 View Post
Ok, I just switched to the Glock Model 27 last summer and have only had the chance ti fire abotut 400 rounds through it. So is there a problem i should be concerned about? I made the switch because I thought that Glocks were a good quality gun for me and conceal and carry!!! Any help would be great!! I read the past post but I am haveing a hard time understanding everything!!!

Thanks guys!!!
G27 is a good gun. Stay away from the light, super fast ammo. Stay with 165-180 gr. The hot stuff is not necessary in .40.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #18

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiski900 View Post
Ok, I just switched to the Glock Model 27 last summer and have only had the chance ti fire abotut 400 rounds through it. So is there a problem i should be concerned about? I made the switch because I thought that Glocks were a good quality gun for me and conceal and carry!!! Any help would be great!! I read the past post but I am haveing a hard time understanding everything!!! Thanks guys!!!
kawiski900 chill! At 400 rounds the gun isn't even broke in much less a concern for KB'ing.

You have done the MOST IMPORTANT step in the prevention of glock issues being a problem.

Awareness!

Forewarned is forearmed. Read, read, read!!! Google KB, glock kbs, glock problems, G27 KBs, G27 issues..............

The more you read, the more you will find out what the real issues are with your specific gun.

NOT ALL glocks are bad! But all glocks are glocks. (I had to say that!)

Read post #2 in this thread.

Also read these posts and threads:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/gold-dot-123gr-p-glock-19-a-10704/#post69653
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/gold-dot-123gr-p-glock-19-a-10704/#post69586
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/first-guns-13423/index2.html#post101126

You need to do one of two things,
  1. Educate yourself on every bit of information you can get on the G27 including a call to glock customer service. Have them tell you about any and all things you need to know as a G27 owner. Do this after you have done your reading so you can ask questions arising from your research.
  2. And, if you can not eliminate all doubts about your handgun, sell it or retire it to your night stand gun as I did.

This may sound like a Yogism but , "If you can't trust your gun, you can't trust your gun!"

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-04-2009, 12:23 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post

Yes, there are issues that Glock shooters should be aware of, especially with .40 caliber models. However, there are millions of Glock pistols in circulation, and they are not some kind of "ring of fire" manufacturing pariah.
I discovered this forum after purchasing my Glock 23 last month. Anything I should be aware of? I've never been warned to stay away from .40 caliber Glock models by anyone (policeman, gunshop owners, glock owners)...

I've only put 50 rounds of Blazer Brass FMJ through it so far, but it seems to feed and fire just fine. I chose it over a .45 because I can control it much better for follow up shots.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:59 AM   #20

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedsasquatch View Post
I discovered this forum after purchasing my Glock 23 last month. Anything I should be aware of? I've never been warned to stay away from .40 caliber Glock models by anyone (policeman, gunshop owners, glock owners)...

I've only put 50 rounds of Blazer Brass FMJ through it so far, but it seems to feed and fire just fine. I chose it over a .45 because I can control it much better for follow up shots.
Read post #18 and substitute G23 for G27.

STOP worrying and do some research!

You own a fine gun. (God that's hard for me to say!)

IMHO, the glock 45 ACP's have less recoil than the 40 S&W.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello