Glock & +P; +P+ ammo?? What does Glock say?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock & +P; +P+ ammo?? What does Glock say??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Its crazy isn't it? The only place in the world where you can have 90 degree weather today and 20 degree weather two days later! Looking at moving to Michigan some time this year. Lived there for a year at one time.

I always find myself spending more time on the survivalist portion of FTF when the weather gets like this.
I go to Michigan quite a bit. My wife has family all over the state, Bay City is where my inlaws have a house. +P+ is good ammo!! Sorry had to try to stay on topic
I just signed up for some survivalist forum, maybe I need to get out of the house.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like most all guns, including Glocks.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #13

Quetion: How can the Glock guys tell if the loads were factory or reloads? I just saw a site that was selling +P+ stuff. I'm a rookie so school me on this.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #14

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Well an armorer told me they really can't tell. I'm sure they could figure it out if you sent in a blown up barrel. The +p or the +p+ loads have a lot more pressure then the standard loads. Glock has come out and said that they're barrels can handle the pressure. Most newer handgun should be able to. My carry load for my G17 are Buffalo Bore 147gn +p+ . They pack quite a whallop with a muzzle velocity of 1300 fps and muzzle energy of 451 ft.lbs. (which is equivalent to a .45 acp 230 gn fmj) but saying that I use a kkm precision barrel on my glock which has better overall tolerances then the stock barrel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using FirearmsTalk

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #15

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts

Figured as much for Glocks (have 4th Gen 17 and 27). I have an S&W Bodyguard 380 and Ruger LCP for pocket carry for me and my wife. I had the Bodyguard in for service a while back, and they made a point to tell me to NOT shoot +P or +P+ through it. Ruger says in their manual to not use +P, but I know a guy who was a salesman with Glock for 25 years, and he has a Ruger contact that says not only can you shoot +P through the LCP, but damage from +P rounds would be covered under warranty. I guess it's a bit of heresay, but I do trust this guy, and I do carry the LCP with +P.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:45 PM   #16

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrower View Post
Figured as much for Glocks (have 4th Gen 17 and 27). I have an S&W Bodyguard 380 and Ruger LCP for pocket carry for me and my wife. I had the Bodyguard in for service a while back, and they made a point to tell me to NOT shoot +P or +P+ through it. Ruger says in their manual to not use +P, but I know a guy who was a salesman with Glock for 25 years, and he has a Ruger contact that says not only can you shoot +P through the LCP, but damage from +P rounds would be covered under warranty. I guess it's a bit of heresay, but I do trust this guy, and I do carry the LCP with +P.
That's good to know. As I have said before, no self-respecting ammunition manufacturer is going to knowingly market a round so hot that a consumers guns going to go ka-boom. The gun may wear quicker, but not blow to pieces. No one would buy their loads anymore! Same goes for +P+ as well.

As a side note, ruger can't prove jack if you don't mention it!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 08-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #17

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
As a side note, ruger can't prove jack if you don't mention it!
Yeah, regardless of what the manufacturer says, my position will probably always be Winchester Whitebox Range Ammo

Old 08-31-2011, 11:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrower View Post
I'm sure you already have, but if it is gonna be your carry ammo in the lcp, make sure it will cycle reliably, I had a S&W compact 9mm that would not cycle +p, it would ftf every round

Old 09-01-2011, 02:26 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

FWIW, there is a SAAMI standard for what IS +p ammo (only in .38 Special and 9mm Parabellum. ALL .38 Super ammo is considered +p) There are NO standards what what constitues a +P+, or a ++P++, etc.

Issue is not likely to be an explosive scattering of pieces parts of the handgun- it will be sharply accelerated wear and tear on the gun. Possibly a life span of 4-5 boxes of ammo (in an extreme case).

My suggestion- shoot the ammo that cycles your auto 100.0000% of the time. The 9mm Water Buffalo Crusher that will not feed or eject leaves you holding a poorly designed club.

9mm is not enuff for you? Go buy a .40. A .38 Special not up to it? That's why they make .357 magnums- which are WAY beyond any Plusing and Peeing.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 10-14-2011, 04:09 AM   #20

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default +p+

This is good info to know since I just bought a few boxes of Winchester Ranger T-series 127gr +p+ for my Glock 17 Gen4.

I was thinking the newer Gen4 recoil springs could handle the 42,000 psi with aplomb.

We shall see.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face