Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock Number Designation (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-number-designation-96608/)

JW357 09-05-2013 06:21 PM

I must say I am not a Glock fan. I'm not going to get into that here, though.

I get lost in the sauce when someone just talks about his Glock by its number (EX: G19, G35, etc). I don't know what all the numbers are. I always have to go to glock.com to figure it out. That takes forever. So I wanted to just make a thread, mostly for my own reference (but hopefully someone else will find it useful) that I can quickly go to to know what caliber/frame size someone is talking about with all these numbers. The number in (parentheses) refers to the standard capacity magazine size.

9x19 Parabellum
Glock 17 - full size (17)
Glock 17L - full size; competition; longer slide + barrel than Glock 17 (17)
Glock 18 (fully automatic)
Glock 19 - compact (15)
Glock 26 - subcompact (10)
Glock 34 - full size; competition (17)

.40 S&W
Glock 22 - full size (15)
Glock 23 - compact (13)
Glock 24 - full size; Glock 17 frame with longer slide (15)
Glock 27 - subcompact (9)
Glock 35 - full size; competition (15)

10mm
Glock 20 - full size (15)
Glock 20 SF - full size; slim frame (15)
Glock 29 - subcompact (10)
Glock 29 SF - subcompact; slim frame (10)

.45 ACP
Glock 21 - full size (13)
Glock 21 SF - full size; slim frame (13)
Glock 30 - subcompact (10)
Glock 30 SF - subcompact (10)
Glock 30s - subcompact; slim slide (10)
Glock 36 - subcompact; single stack (6)

.45 GAP
Glock 37 - full size (10)
Glock 38 - compact (8 )
Glock 39 - subcompact (6)

.380 ACP
Glock 25 - compact (15) LE only
Glock 28 - subcompact (10) LE only

.357 Sig
Glock 31 - full size (15)
Glock 32 - compact (13)
Glock 33 - subcompact (9)

Is anything on here incorrect? Again, I'm not a Glock guy. This thread is just for reference. For those of you who do know Glocks, please let me know if I should change anything, and I'll edit the post.

mountainman13 09-05-2013 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How's this?

kryptar19 09-05-2013 06:31 PM

SF means slim frame. The standard .45acp's and 10mm's feel like a brick bat in your hand.

JW357 09-05-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
How's this?

Perfect. I still like my post, though. But its a good picture. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryptar19
SF means slim frame. The standard .45acp's and 10mm's feel like a brick bat in your hand.

*cough cough* I think all Glocks feel like that. But thanks for the clarification for SF.

kryptar19 09-05-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357

Perfect. I still like my post, though. But its a good picture. Thanks.

*cough cough* I think all Glocks feel like that. But thanks for the clarification for SF.

Hahahaha. LMAO!!!

McCakie 09-06-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357
I must say I am not a Glock fan. I'm not going to get into that here, though.

I get lost in the sauce when someone just talks about his Glock by its number (EX: G19, G35, etc). I don't know what all the numbers are. I always have to go to glock.com to figure it out. That takes forever. So I wanted to just make a thread, mostly for my own reference (but hopefully someone else will find it useful) that I can quickly go to to know what caliber/frame size someone is talking about with all these numbers. The number in (parentheses) refers to the standard capacity magazine size.

9x19 Parabellum
Glock 17 - full size (17)
Glock 18 (fully automatic)
Glock 19 - compact (15)
Glock 26 - subcompact (10)
Glock 34 - full size; competition (17)

.40 S&W
Glock 22 - full size (15)
Glock 23 - compact (13)
Glock 27 - subcompact (9)
Glock 35 - full size; competition (15)

10mm
Glock 20 - full size (15)
Glock 20 SF - full size; slim frame (15)
Glock 29 - subcompact (10)
Glock 29 SF - subcompact; slim frame (10)

.45 ACP
Glock 21 - full size (13)
Glock 21 SF - full size; slim frame (13)
Glock 30 - subcompact (10)
Glock 30 SF - subcompact (10)
Glock 30s - subcompact; slim slide (10)
Glock 36 - subcompact; single stack (6)

.45 GAP
Glock 37 - full size (10)
Glock 38 - compact (8 )
Glock 39 - subcompact (6)

.380 ACP
Glock 25 - compact (15) LE only
Glock 28 - subcompact (10) LE only

.357 Sig
Glock 31 - full size (15)
Glock 32 - compact (13)
Glock 33 - subcompact (9)

Is anything on here incorrect? Again, I'm not a Glock guy. This thread is just for reference. For those of you who do know Glocks, please let me know if I should change anything, and I'll edit the post.

You're missin one of the .40's the g24 it's the one on the left

JW357 09-06-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCakie

You're missin one of the .40's the g24 it's the one on the left

Thanks. I didn't know anything about the 24, and since it isn't listed on Glock's website, I didn't put it here. I edited it and added it. Is that accurate?

Quote:

Glock 24 - full size; Glock 19 frame with longer slide (15)

DrFootball 09-06-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCakie

You're missin one of the .40's the g24 it's the one on the left

And the 17L, which my pal who's ret. NYPD competes with.

JW357 09-06-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFootball

And the 17L, which my pal who's ret. NYPD competes with.

Fixed. I'm seeing a couple other models here and there on the Glock wiki page, all of which are discontinued. I'll add them as people request them.

AR10 09-06-2013 08:26 AM

Is the 24 a 17 frame, or a 19 frame?


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.