Glock misfire-short strike - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock misfire-short strike

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 02:17 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 13
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Took it to an Armorer yesterday to get a new extractor claw put in. Pretty quick job. He said the gun should be good to go.

Bought a new mag too.

46 bucks . Not bad.

heading to the range friday to give it a few rounds.

__________________
lbrown is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:06 AM   #42
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 2,046
Liked 962 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Sounds like that gun was majorly abused. Mine has been through thousands of rounds and 10 years of all weather abuse and never had a problem like that.
A guy purchases a used gun, and you pronounce it all but rubbage.

You should be a child crisis counselor. You are so good at making people feel good about themselves.
__________________
AR10 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #43
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 2,046
Liked 962 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown View Post
Took it to an Armorer yesterday to get a new extractor claw put in. Pretty quick job. He said the gun should be good to go.

Bought a new mag too.

46 bucks . Not bad.

heading to the range friday to give it a few rounds.
Good news. Glocks are pretty stout firearms. A used one, new one, all pretty much the same.
__________________
AR10 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,949
Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
A guy purchases a used gun, and you pronounce it all but rubbage. You should be a child crisis counselor. You are so good at making people feel good about themselves.
Wow... If that ain't the pot callin the kettle black I don't know what is.
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,949
Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown
Took it to an Armorer yesterday to get a new extractor claw put in. Pretty quick job. He said the gun should be good to go. Bought a new mag too. 46 bucks . Not bad. heading to the range friday to give it a few rounds.
Good for you! More out of curiosity than anything, did you get him to break it down and check it for other problem areas? Did he say anything about the condition it was in?
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 13
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Good for you! More out of curiosity than anything, did you get him to break it down and check it for other problem areas? Did he say anything about the condition it was in?
Yeah, he didn't break it completely down but he got into the slide to check my cleaning and then he dismantled the trigger mech so that he could put the new extractor claw in so I think he got a fair look at it.
He said that it looked like it was in good shape considering the age. He wasn't surprised about the problem i was having. Of the complaints he gets, replacing the extractor claw is fairly common. In general though, he said that glock durability is great.

I'm going out to shoot today: beautiful day. 60degrees bluebird sky.

I'll follow up with what I expect will be very good news.
__________________
lbrown is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 13
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Just back from the range.

I shot 50 rounds of tulammo flawlessly.

My friend wanted to shoot it to compare to his new springfield xd .45 so he loaded it with winch white box and shot 8 before a failire to eject! Bummer.

Shot a few more rounds with no problems.
Now I'm lost. I don't know what to do...

The good news is that my friend was all over the bullseye with my glock vs the XD which he wasn't as accurate with. He now wants a glock! Ha.

I compared it with my xdm 40 , a gun that i generally shoot deadly accurate and the glock was more accurate.

So does anyone have ideas what could be causing the fte issue?

__________________
lbrown is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown
Just back from the range. I shot 50 rounds of tulammo flawlessly. My friend wanted to shoot it to compare to his new springfield xd .45 so he loaded it with winch white box and shot 8 before a failire to eject! Bummer. Shot a few more rounds with no problems. Now I'm lost. I don't know what to do... The good news is that my friend was all over the bullseye with my glock vs the XD which he wasn't as accurate with. He now wants a glock! Ha. I compared it with my xdm 40 , a gun that i generally shoot deadly accurate and the glock was more accurate. So does anyone have ideas what could be causing the fte issue?
Maybe it needed cleaning after shooting the steel cased ammo through it?
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,630
Liked 1970 Times on 1366 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown View Post
Just back from the range.

I shot 50 rounds of tulammo flawlessly.

My friend wanted to shoot it to compare to his new springfield xd .45 so he loaded it with winch white box and shot 8 before a failire to eject! Bummer.

Shot a few more rounds with no problems.
Now I'm lost. I don't know what to do...

The good news is that my friend was all over the bullseye with my glock vs the XD which he wasn't as accurate with. He now wants a glock! Ha.

I compared it with my xdm 40 , a gun that i generally shoot deadly accurate and the glock was more accurate.

So does anyone have ideas what could be causing the fte issue?
I'd clean the Glock thoroughly and start over again, this time no east european steel cased ammo. Keep shooting brass, and see how long it will go before a mf.
__________________
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,353
Liked 2202 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 479

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown View Post
Just back from the range.

I shot 50 rounds of tulammo flawlessly.

My friend wanted to shoot it to compare to his new springfield xd .45 so he loaded it with winch white box and shot 8 before a failire to eject! Bummer.

Shot a few more rounds with no problems.
Now I'm lost. I don't know what to do...

The good news is that my friend was all over the bullseye with my glock vs the XD which he wasn't as accurate with. He now wants a glock! Ha.

I compared it with my xdm 40 , a gun that i generally shoot deadly accurate and the glock was more accurate.

So does anyone have ideas what could be causing the fte issue?

Maybe your buddy limp wristed the gun.
__________________
SSGN_Doc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
misfire Jakepinker General Handgun Discussion 5 08-11-2013 11:53 PM
Update on glock misfire finally the pics gearhead396 Glock Forum 53 07-26-2012 09:15 PM
Dangerous glock misfire! gearhead396 Glock Forum 134 07-17-2012 07:02 PM
Winchester 30-30 Misfire Handyman Gunsmithing Forum 9 01-27-2012 10:48 PM
Misfire question ArmyGuy Ammunition & Reloading 26 10-09-2011 01:02 AM