Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock misfire-short strike (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-misfire-short-strike-99239/)

lbrown 10-21-2013 01:50 AM

Glock misfire-short strike

I bought a used glock 21 yesterday. I didn't clean it before heading to the range. Didn't think I had to.

I went out to shoot with 2 boxes fracchi 230 grain. I had a misfire on my first mag.
Bullet had a strike mark but didn't fire.
I reloaded my mag and tried again. Same thing but this time it was on the last round.
Long story short, the problem continued for every subsequent magazine and on the last round.

Any idea what the problem is?

SSGN_Doc 10-21-2013 01:54 AM

Probably need to clean the striker channel and sleeve.

Axxe55 10-21-2013 02:06 AM

used or new, i always do a thorough cleaning and oiling before shooting a gun i just bought. finding the bore obstructed is much better when you are checking it out or cleaning it, vs. when you fire a round through it.

readygirl 10-21-2013 02:17 AM

GLOCK - PERFECTION.......lol, just kidding... Was probably sitting around packed full of crud for a lomg time. Thake it to your LGS, let them do an ultrasonic cleaning. Best $20 you could spend on that gun. Gets all the crud out from every nook and cranny. When you get it back it will be bone dry. So make sure you get it oiled up good.

mountainman13 10-21-2013 02:18 AM

Clean it as stated. Could also be the crap ammo.

mahall 10-21-2013 08:31 AM

Reasons why I just will not buy "Used" from strangers(gun stores) just not worth saving a few bucks for a gun that you have know idea about! Generally you save 50-100 bucks on used vs new. To me it's just not worth it. I do realize new guns can and do fail! But I trust a reliable gun manufacture far more than a Stranger that may or may not know how to properly care for a Firearm.

JW357 10-21-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahall
Reasons why I just will not buy "Used" from strangers(gun stores) just not worth saving a few bucks for a gun that you have know idea about! Generally you save 50-100 bucks on used vs new. To me it's just not worth it. I do realize new guns can and do fail! But I trust a reliable gun manufacture far more than a Stranger that may or may not know how to properly care for a Firearm.

The vast majority of all gun problems can be solved by a proper cleaning and lubing. Used guns are not the exception.

Argyle_Armoring 10-21-2013 05:39 PM

Take it to a certified Glock armorer or ship it to me. I'm certified and will use an ultrasonic on it and return it to you cleaner than new from the factory with properly lubed points. $50 and that includes shipping it back to you and replacing any parts that need to be rplaced.

mahall 10-21-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring
Take it to a certified Glock armorer or ship it to me. I'm certified and will use an ultrasonic on it and return it to you cleaner than new from the factory with properly lubed points. $50 and that includes shipping it back to you and replacing any parts that need to be rplaced.

Lol the 50 that was probably saved by buying used! Just had to point that out!!

Argyle_Armoring 10-21-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahall (Post 1408702)
Lol the 50 that was probably saved by buying used! Just had to point that out!!

You're probably right, but you do get what you pay for.