Glock Magazine: Gap between baseplate and bottom of grip - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock Magazine: Gap between baseplate and bottom of grip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Alright so I just went to my gun shop and looked at another G26 and it has the same sized gap as mine. So maybe it is normal (that sucks). As for the FTF, I will just shoot a bunch more rounds and see if it happens again. If it doesn't then I will chalk it up to break-in/fluke.

I will say one thing though... buying a Glock has made me appreciate my XDm A LOT more. But that is for a different forum/thread

Old 09-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
My only question is have you done any modifications other than the grip extender? Do they add capacity?
Nope. The gun is stock. It's brand new and only seen approximately 400 rounds. This happened with the stock magazine not the magazine with the extender (you can see the magazine with the extender in the picture on the table).

Old 09-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
KWGary lives very near you. Sounds like you two will be good friends in the near future lol.......
Who is KWGary and why do you say that?

Old 09-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #14

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Who is KWGary and why do you say that?
G37 is a Glock fan. KWGaryM hates Glocks and loves XDs.

I think we've beat this one to death...

Old 09-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #15
ET1

I think gun owners can talk themselves into liking or disliking certain guns. The obession over the gap between the mag plate and the grip of the g26 is telling. I own a 27 and didn't notice this gap. I did end up adding +1 mag extensions, so it is a moot point with me. I have not experienced an ftf with either Glock I own. The ftf pictured is a duplicate of what happens when my wife shoots my 27 with the 9mm conversion barrel. She is recoil sensitive and jambs all of my guns. I ended up buying a .22lr Buck Mark Camper for her. She shoots it great, she just can't rack the slide if it misfires because she doesn't have the hand strength...Oh well.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:09 AM   #16

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

I have fired and owned only Glocks for the most part. That looks like limp-wristing. I have never had a FTF in any of my weapons, however I have many people who have fired my weapons and had a FTF. It is common with the sub-compacts and someone new to shooting them. Tighten your grip imo.

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 10-04-2010, 06:55 AM   #17

The Gen 4s have identical problems---I solved it by polishing the breech face and cleaning up the extractor---If that doesnt fix it check out mag. timing !
A loose fitting mag. is no threat to the weapon functioning, I have seen very few Glocks that have a tight fitting mag. ...........