Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock leg syndrome (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-leg-syndrome-77108/)

mountainskytop 11-26-2012 03:04 AM

Glock leg syndrome
 
I Am finally considering a DA only striker fired pistol for a CCW and would appreciate some input about the "Glock Leg Syndrome" where the pistol owner shoots him/herself while reholstering their weapon.Is this truly a serious mechanical issue or just plain carelessness?

GaryGlock 11-26-2012 03:09 AM

Operator error. Keep your finger off the trigger.

Zombiegirl 11-26-2012 03:10 AM

Plain carelessness. My husband carries a Glock with OIC and I have no worries.

Fathead00 11-26-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainskytop
I Am finally considering a DA only striker fired pistol for a CCW and would appreciate some input about the "Glock Leg Syndrome" where the pistol owner shoots him/herself while reholstering their weapon.Is this truly a serious mechanical issue or just plain carelessness?

It is pure carelessness upon the owner, PERIOD!!! I've been carrying my GLOCK 35 for 10 months and haven't had any problems. The ONLY way to shoot yourself is if you PULL THE TRIGGER, so that means OWNER FAILURE!!! Do not blame the firearms operation if it is doing what it was meant to do when the TRIGGER is pulled. GLOCKS are an excellent firearm. There are alot of great firearms out there and alot of IDIOTS out there that BLAME GLOCK for this term. Do not let this scare you from a decision on a great firearm. Like I said earlier there are alot of great firearms out there. If you KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER you will not shoot yourself. This is my opinion about the GLOCKS.

kytowboater 11-26-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00

It is pure carelessness upon the owner, PERIOD!!! I've been carrying my GLOCK 35 for 10 months and haven't had any problems. The ONLY way to shoot yourself is if you PULL THE TRIGGER, so that means OWNER FAILURE!!! Do not blame the firearms operation if it is doing what it was meant to do when the TRIGGER is pulled. GLOCKS are an excellent firearm. There are alot of great firearms out there and alot of IDIOTS out there that BLAME GLOCK for this term. Do not let this scare you from a decision on a great firearm. Like I said earlier there are alot of great firearms out there. If you KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER you will not shoot yourself. This is my opinion about the GLOCKS.

I read this and saw its a great BLOCK of you BLOCK right with you BLOCK. Lmao. Sorry fathead. Just playing. I agree, it's all in the owner. No such thing as an accidental.

Vikingdad 11-26-2012 03:25 AM

Purely operator error. Familiarize yourself with how the Glock functions and you will have no problems. Keep the boogerhook off the bangswitch and they are one of the safest guns out there. They only fire when you pull the trigger.

JonM 11-26-2012 03:27 AM

pure carelessness. just to qualify this, i detest glocks and everything about gaston glock and his entire company. the man is a slimeball.

most of the cases involving glock leg are from people trying to reholster a gloc into a worn or defective holster. mostly this occurs with the donut eating segment of police officers. their fat bellys bend the edges of holsters enough to set the gun off when it snags the trigger. it lso occurs with the batman section of officers. these are the types that have every gadget known to man overloading their belts.

glock leg occurs with 1911's 92f sig p22x revolvers xdm xd sw m&p on and on.

pay attention to safety and how worn your gear is and using a proper holster for your build and clothing choices and it wont happen to you

Thr33FiftyS3v3n 11-26-2012 03:27 AM

I carry a Glock 26 day in and day out iwb with Bo problems ever. Its jus like carrying any other firearm imo

Fathead00 11-26-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytowboater

I read this and saw its a great BLOCK of you BLOCK right with you BLOCK. Lmao. Sorry fathead. Just playing. I agree, it's all in the owner. No such thing as an accidental.

There is one person on here that blames the gun. He probably will comment on this thread. It's just funny when people blame the firearm for what it is supposed to do.;). BLOCK or a ton of bricks in your hand, I'll use either one.;)

Jpyle 11-26-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainskytop (Post 1027375)
I Am finally considering a DA only striker fired pistol for a CCW and would appreciate some input about the "Glock Leg Syndrome" where the pistol owner shoots him/herself while reholstering their weapon.Is this truly a serious mechanical issue or just plain carelessness?

This guy has it...along with a complete lack of sense in bringing a loaded gun into a classroom for a demonstration.



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.