Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock Leg Now Has A Web Site

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf

Hmmmn, www.GlockLeg.com.

I don't suppose, by chance, there's a

www.1911Leg.com, or a www.BerettaLeg.com,

for those of us too unsophisticated to operate

the simple, yet Almighty G?
Dude, get over it. For every case of "Glock Leg" the Internet spews forth (because we all know the Internet never lies) there's thousands if not millions of Glock owners who have never had a negligent discharge let alone shot themselves.

After working with some "geniuses" in my LE career, I've never met, nor witnessed a single incident of Glock leg, and I've worked for the largest department (1400 sworn) in my area and have been involved in multijurisdictional task forces as well.

We get it, you hate Glocks. Not everyone does. Accept it.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 07-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #12

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Before I got on this forum I'd never heard anything bad about glocks or about them being negligently discharged. I don't own one but I've shot a couple and I don't understand why glock leg is a thing. Lol. I understand there's no external safety, but if you follow the basic safety rules for every firearm, I.e booger hook off the bang switch as I've read, shouldn't they be just as safe as any other handgun?

Or am I missing something? That's not sarcasm by the way, I really am just curious as I've considered buying a glock.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #13

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeezy
Before I got on this forum I'd never heard anything bad about glocks or about them being negligently discharged. I don't own one but I've shot a couple and I don't understand why glock leg is a thing. Lol. I understand there's no external safety, but if you follow the basic safety rules for every firearm, I.e booger hook off the bang switch as I've read, shouldn't they be just as safe as any other handgun?

Or am I missing something? That's not sarcasm by the way, I really am just curious as I've considered buying a glock.
They're just as safe as every other gun. Unfortunately, not all gun owners are as smart as every other gun owner.
People Like This 
Old 07-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #14
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 878 Times on 585 Posts
Likes Given: 224

I own Glocks, nice firearms. The manufacturer thinks they are easier to shoot than some handguns. I accept that. Few restrictions from wanting to shoot, and shooting. One of the most simple, user friendly handguns ever made. We all admit that. Right?

That ease of use, comes with a price. Easy to use, is also easy to mess up. Can't have it one way, without having it both ways.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
I own Glocks, nice firearms. The manufacturer thinks they are easier to shoot than some handguns. I accept that. Few restrictions from wanting to shoot, and shooting. One of the most simple, user friendly handguns ever made. We all admit that. Right?

That ease of use, comes with a price. Easy to use, is also easy to mess up. Can't have it one way, without having it both ways.
True, but it's only easy to mess up if the shooter isn't cognizant of his trigger finger. They will not just "go off", no matter what anyone says.

There's no external safety which is a sticking point with some people. The lack of a manual safety requires stricter trigger discipline. Off target, off trigger. Keep things away from the trigger and there's no chance of popping off a round. It's just like a double action revolver in that regard, but because it's a new fangled plastic gun it has been met with resistance from old school shooters.

They're built for combat which is why Gaston decided to do away with an external safety. They're made to be like a sword; ready for action as soon as it is "unsheathed."

There are dozens of similar clones out there, yet they do not get the resistance that Glock does. The M&P offers a striker fired pistol sans safety, but where's the Internet outrage about that?

The reason the Internet is alive with rumors of Glock Leg is simply because there's more Glocks out there and more sold to the average Joe Idiot who has no concept of safety or formal training.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

big shrek Likes This 
Old 07-13-2013, 04:25 AM   #16

Liked 1967 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Hmmmn, www.GlockLeg.com.

I don't suppose, by chance, there's a

www.1911Leg.com, or a www.BerettaLeg.com,

for those of us too unsophisticated to operate

the simple, yet Almighty G?
Well there is this famous one with good ol' Tex Grebner and his 1911.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc

Well there is this famous one with good ol' Tex Grebner and his 1911.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE
He's already been shown that one in another thread. His undying hatred for anything Glock forces him to pop his head into every Glock thread, contribute nothing, then bash the pistols.

rifleman1 Likes This 
Old 07-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #18

Liked 1967 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSpeed View Post
He's already been shown that one in another thread. His undying hatred for anything Glock forces him to pop his head into every Glock thread, contribute nothing, then bash the pistols.
Well, I'm obviously a biased fanboy :

Old 07-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc

Well, I'm obviously a biased fanboy :
Don't worry, apparently so am I.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:57 AM   #20

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

All I'm saying is you gotta be pretty dumb to shoot yourself... for real. Obey the rules!!!!!