Glock Law Enforcement Pricing Help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock Law Enforcement Pricing Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Glock Law Enforcement Pricing Help

Hey guys. Looking to get a Glock 19 Gen 4 from my LE dealer and here is his price list.

Question is, what is the difference between fixed, adjustable, steel, NS, and trijicon? Obviously different sights, but is steel referring to the slide? Look like great prices, don't they? What's the difference between NS and trijicon? I'm assuming NS stands for night sight, but isn't trijicon also a night sight?

image-2182133450.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #2

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

Stock Glock sights are plastic so steel ones are an option. NS is the factory night sights. Im not sure what brand Glock uses. My factory NS G30 is not close so I can't check. The Trij are nice and made in Michigan! Adjustable sights can be fine tuned. I've never shot accurately enough for those type of sights.
That pricing is from Glock for police officers.
I have aftermarket XS big dot sights on my carry Glocks.

Last edited by msup752; 01-15-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So I'm assuming the trijicons are the way to go (if I wanted night sights), given the higher price?

Also, does Glock no longer sell two-tone models? I vaguely remember years ago Glock selling chrome/steel colored slides on top of the standard black polymer frame.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #4

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

For the roughly $20 price difference over factory NS, I'd take Trij. I do have factory NS and they do work fine.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrags
So I'm assuming the trijicons are the way to go (if I wanted night sights), given the higher price?

Also, does Glock no longer sell two-tone models? I vaguely remember years ago Glock selling chrome/steel colored slides on top of the standard black polymer frame.
I had the trijicon night sights on my g30 but switched them with the glock steel sights. It's a personal preference, but with the trijicon during the day it was a lot harder for me to acquire a target, but at night or dusk worked amazing.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #6

Liked 1000 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 1001

See if your dealer has both night sights in stock and compare. If you can't try them at night I'd make my choice on how you like them in daylight, either should be good at night, as Engine5 said.

Glock used to sell OD models but lately black is it.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Unfortunately, the only LE dealer I know is online. Are there places in Southeast Virginia locally that have LE pricing? I currently order mine out of state and have it transferred to an FFL.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:27 AM   #8

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Hey guys. Looking to get a Glock 19 Gen 4 from my LE dealer and here is his price list.

Question is, what is the difference between fixed, adjustable, steel, NS, and trijicon? Obviously different sights, but is steel referring to the slide? Look like great prices, don't they? What's the difference between NS and trijicon? I'm assuming NS stands for night sight, but isn't trijicon also a night sight?
The NS I believe are factory night sights and I believe they are TruGlos. Imo the TruGlos have bigger dots than the trijicons. I had the trijicons on my g17 but took em off. Compared to my dad's g17 I liked the factory better

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 01-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #9

Quote:

It's all personal preference, I prefer the standard night sights on my Glocks but my friend prefers trijicons, either way they perform the same and if you want to save $ then go for the standard NS as you won't be disappointed... As for the chrome, the model is called EXO and there is another company recently making them too, it's not sold directly by Glock as it is technically a separate vendor who chrome finishes the slide and can add designs such as flames or whatever, do a search to see some designs and I hope this has helped... Enjoy

Old 01-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Rockyourglock.com has anything you want for a hlock