Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock Law Enforcement Pricing Help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-law-enforcement-pricing-help-55532/)

jrags 01-15-2012 10:16 AM

Glock Law Enforcement Pricing Help

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. Looking to get a Glock 19 Gen 4 from my LE dealer and here is his price list.

Question is, what is the difference between fixed, adjustable, steel, NS, and trijicon? Obviously different sights, but is steel referring to the slide? Look like great prices, don't they? What's the difference between NS and trijicon? I'm assuming NS stands for night sight, but isn't trijicon also a night sight?

msup752 01-15-2012 10:39 AM

Stock Glock sights are plastic so steel ones are an option. NS is the factory night sights. Im not sure what brand Glock uses. My factory NS G30 is not close so I can't check. The Trij are nice and made in Michigan! Adjustable sights can be fine tuned. I've never shot accurately enough for those type of sights.
That pricing is from Glock for police officers.
I have aftermarket XS big dot sights on my carry Glocks.

jrags 01-15-2012 10:46 AM

So I'm assuming the trijicons are the way to go (if I wanted night sights), given the higher price?

Also, does Glock no longer sell two-tone models? I vaguely remember years ago Glock selling chrome/steel colored slides on top of the standard black polymer frame.

msup752 01-15-2012 11:03 AM

For the roughly $20 price difference over factory NS, I'd take Trij. I do have factory NS and they do work fine.

Engine5truck 01-15-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrags
So I'm assuming the trijicons are the way to go (if I wanted night sights), given the higher price?

Also, does Glock no longer sell two-tone models? I vaguely remember years ago Glock selling chrome/steel colored slides on top of the standard black polymer frame.

I had the trijicon night sights on my g30 but switched them with the glock steel sights. It's a personal preference, but with the trijicon during the day it was a lot harder for me to acquire a target, but at night or dusk worked amazing.

Quentin 01-15-2012 02:33 PM

See if your dealer has both night sights in stock and compare. If you can't try them at night I'd make my choice on how you like them in daylight, either should be good at night, as Engine5 said.

Glock used to sell OD models but lately black is it.

jrags 01-16-2012 12:34 AM

Unfortunately, the only LE dealer I know is online. Are there places in Southeast Virginia locally that have LE pricing? I currently order mine out of state and have it transferred to an FFL.

g17frantz 01-16-2012 02:27 AM

Quote:

Hey guys. Looking to get a Glock 19 Gen 4 from my LE dealer and here is his price list.

Question is, what is the difference between fixed, adjustable, steel, NS, and trijicon? Obviously different sights, but is steel referring to the slide? Look like great prices, don't they? What's the difference between NS and trijicon? I'm assuming NS stands for night sight, but isn't trijicon also a night sight?

The NS I believe are factory night sights and I believe they are TruGlos. Imo the TruGlos have bigger dots than the trijicons. I had the trijicons on my g17 but took em off. Compared to my dad's g17 I liked the factory better

nyycanseco33 01-30-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

It's all personal preference, I prefer the standard night sights on my Glocks but my friend prefers trijicons, either way they perform the same and if you want to save $ then go for the standard NS as you won't be disappointed... As for the chrome, the model is called EXO and there is another company recently making them too, it's not sold directly by Glock as it is technically a separate vendor who chrome finishes the slide and can add designs such as flames or whatever, do a search to see some designs and I hope this has helped... Enjoy

Zodiac131911 01-30-2012 11:46 PM

Rockyourglock.com has anything you want for a hlock